Reaction score
Media
Member of
sci,dallas safari,
Hunted
Costa Rica,Africa
Well after shooting an excellent group with my Sabatti 500 NE
I bought another Sabatti new 470 NE
Guys i have heard some bad things said about Sabatti doubles but in my opinion they are an excellent investment as well as hunting rifle for dangerous game,further more the Sabatty's are being imported by Italian arms importers and selling for 2500 more than what i paid so i believe they will become a popular double rifle in the near future and will rocket in price so if you are really serious of getting a less expensive double do it now before they get tooooo popular and the manufacturer raises their price
i had done research on old Sabattis that had problems with the registering of barrels and grinding but the owner Mr. Sabatti him self has corrected all those issues about 5 yrs. ago at least go in you tube and see how sabatti doubles are built by hand and the metal quality from one block of solid steel is made further more the this come with ejectors,and the the locking of the gun is a solid piece of steel not like the side lock on real expensive guns you decide i already did thanks
hope this will clear any past negative comments,about a good product in my experience.

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely intrigued by Sabatti...love the idea of getting a double for less than the price of a safari.

How much are they going for new?

i got a 500 NE new for 5000,oo and have to go and pick up another this one 470NE because soon they will get expensive as new good reviews start coming in actually there is a company called ITALIAN ARMS IMPORTERS THATS PROMOTING THEM FOR 7000.00 DELUXE MODEL

IM NOT INTO THE DELUXE THING I WANT IT TO SHOOT PROPERLY AND NOT CHANGE THE GROUPS
i will be postingpics of target and scope only zero in the right barrel and follow with the left

when i bought mine,3500-5000 was the price in 2012. ive posted this before but will again.this is a 50 yard target,upper right groups are right barrel,lower left are left barrel.two tightest shots are with the hornady 286 gr softs the gun was regulated with.the wider two shots are with hydro solids hand loads.my eyes require i use a srs1 red dot.

001 (3).JPG
004.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got a good one!

when i bought mine,3500-5000 was the price in 2012. ive posted this before but will again.this is a 50 yard target,upper right groups are right barrel,lower left are left barrel.two tightest shots are with the hornady 286 gr softs the gun was regulated with.the wider two shots are with hydro solids hand loads.my eyes require i use a srs1 red dot.

View attachment 57766 View attachment 57767
thata very good i was sighting the new scope off the tripod and got the right barrel on 1/4 inch from bulls eye and the left 2,5 inches with 500 NE 570 grain soft point i reload them not the best but from trypod at 25 yds. when i go to 50 yds and adjust again, thats one principle of doubles.
i am not interested in any further than 50 yds elephant shots are taken at much less distance
hope this helps once i bring in the 470 we'll see

they will come closer together
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG

Looks like .450NE to me.

I had one two years ago. Couldn't get it to regulate regardless of what ammunition or load I used. It was a 450/400. Both barrels shot great individual groups but nearly six inches horizontally and two inches vertically apart at twenty five yards. The muzzles hadn't been ground and yes I did have several people shoot it and none of them could do any better than I did. But full credit to the gun shop I bought it from , as they took the rifle back and gave me a full refund

I am very happy with my 500NE sabatti. It shoots 1.5" groups at 50 yards exactly to point of aim. I found IFG in Texas the importer of the new Sabatti s and asked them to cut my stock to my length and put a recoil pad on. Wow, they did a great job and what a difference shooting the gun. They told me about the néw standards and quality of the guns they import and said I could buy them thru Wholesalehunter and they offer and accuracy guarantee of 2.5" on all double rifles. So I bought one from them, a 9.3x74R for $2,495.00 Wow what a deal. This rifles handles like a dream. I get 2" groups from booth barrels. They have cool fiber optic express sights and easy to adjust windage, they also offer different from the sights if you want to adjust elevation. I have never seen that offered on a double before. I'm tempted to buy a .450 now. They have definitely sold me on the new Sabattis. You can't go wrong for the money and you can talk to real people at IFG and Wholesalehunter.

Sounds like Sabatti is working through the former production issues!

Matt you have had terrible luck with doubles. At some point we need to get you a good double that just plain(y) flat shoots for you. I have owned two sabatti's that both shot great. My hunting buddy has the same 450NE model that I do and it also is a shooter. I have heard nothing but good reviews on the new one being imported by IFG and am tempted to get another in 500NE. For reference I also own and shoot Chapuis 9.3x74R, Simson 405WIn and VC in 450/400, Sabatti in 450NE andthey all shoot well.

Matt you have had terrible luck with doubles. At some point we need to get you a good double that just plain(y) flat shoots for you.

im saving up money now for either a Heym or a Verney Carron. it will take me a long time to come up with the $20k+ needed but im hoping it will be a double that i can truly rely on.

-matt

$2500 for a double rifle is pretty cheap, if you get good accuracy, that's an excellent deal.

I've had my eye on their 450/400 or 450 ne for a while. My problem is it's a quarter of a leopard hunt and I want a leopard more.

I've had my eye on their 450/400 or 450 ne for a while. My problem is it's a quarter of a leopard hunt and I want a leopard more.

Now your talking Gizmo!

Maybe you guys are seeing something I don't ! Judging by the targets shown in this thread I don't see even one that shows even acceptable regulation! They all seem to to show one barrel shooting lower that the other barrel by a considerable amount!
...........................................???????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois