RWS cases vs all others

John McLaughlin

AH member
Reaction score
Are RWS cases worth the price differential between Norma and Nosler. I'm talking 375 H&H cases. Thanks for your help. JM

RWS make very good brass. So does Norma. If I had a choice I would stick with RWS. They may be a bit thicker(giving slightly less capacity) but they are tough super consistent and very good.

The only RWS brass I have is for my 9.3x64 Brenneke and as @IvW says, it is extremely consistent.
Cheers,
Cody

Agree! To me RWS are the best. In all cartridges/calibres I use or have used:
7x57, 7x64, .308W, 30-06, 9,3x62 and .375 H&H. None better for me.

Best

CF

Haven’t used RWS brass but, as mentioned, the Norma brass is very good.

norma, nosler, and federal will let primers go at pressures rws can hold.
people go on about lapua, but rws brass I have used is more consistent in weight than lapua.
thickness of necks has also proven very consistent, within individual cases and from case to case.
if you are blowing primers in rws brass, things are getting up there bigtime.
put simply it is really good brass.
bruce.

Made in Germany of course the recipe for high quality

norma, nosler, and federal will let primers go at pressures rws can hold.
people go on about lapua, but rws brass I have used is more consistent in weight than lapua.
thickness of necks has also proven very consistent, within individual cases and from case to case.
if you are blowing primers in rws brass, things are getting up there bigtime.
put simply it is really good brass.
bruce.

Thanks for the info folks. Alas German products, I have several Leica optics. Is there any other place in USA other than Huntington's that I should check out. All that I have found are not carrying RWS or are out of stock. I 'm also interested in loaded ammo too. JM

Is there any other place in USA other than Huntington's that I should check out. All that I have found are not carrying RWS or are out of stock. I 'm also interested in loaded ammo too. JM

If you can’t find it in the US we can ship it from Germany. No problem.

Thanks for the info folks. Alas German products, I have several Leica optics. Is there any other place in USA other than Huntington's that I should check out. All that I have found are not carrying RWS or are out of stock. I 'm also interested in loaded ammo too. JM
NEGC carries RWS loaded ammo, bring your billfold though!

S
NECG is out of stock too. Have e-mailed for and availability info. JM
seems that RWS brass and ammo is tough to get here. I asked HDS once when they expected a shipment of 9.3x64 brass and he laughed and said when they decide to ship it. They called me about 4 months later and told me it was in.

How’s that pre 64 9.3 x64 treating you @Bullthrower338 ? I’ve been meaning to ask for a while now.
It’s great, ended up with a Dakota in 9.3x64 also. Both are going to be hard to put a first scratch on in the bush but it must be done!

It’s great, ended up with a Dakota in 9.3x64 also. Both are going to be hard to put a first scratch on in the bush but it must be done!

I’m eyeing a model 76 in 300 H&H and 375 H&H....think that would make a great pair :)

I've used RWS, Norma, Bell and Hornady in 404 Jeffery. I haven't shot any one case enough to wear any out (split neck, loose primer, etc) so I can't say that one is better than the other, but then I don't load to the maximum. If I wanted more performance I'd get a bigger cartridge rather than over-work the cartridge and rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DinaJervoi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.