Russell boots

How well do these boots hold up with regular use ?

I have had my eye out for a good pair of hunting moccasins for a wile pretty sure I just found them.

From what people tell me...the've had theirs for years. I just bought two used pairs..they fit like a surgeon's glove. People on this site have had them 9 plus years. The softness of the leather makes these things awesome. The PH boots are what I have. Good luck. Let me know how they fit if you get them.

Guys, I guess it "it being boots" same could be guns/calibers, is personal preference..... I am still using the Jungle boots,, "my super stalkers". Just find what works for you, regardless of brand... Goose....

I have wide feet and they are different sizes. Needless to say, I looked forward to a pair of custom fitted shoes from Russell. I had my feet measured by a factory representative and when I got my shoes they were not even close to the right width. Way narrow. The soles, however, were wide and hung off the edges like some sort of miniature shoe shoe attachment. I brought them with me to SCI to be refitted. They agreed that the finishing was not right on the soles and told me that they would stretch the shoes. I wasn't thrilled with this, thinking that they should have been made to fit in the first place, but I agreed to it. When they shipped them to me after "stretching" they were still way too narrow.

I gave them to charity. They looked like decent shoes after the soles were re-done, but shoes have to fit. I'd have had a better fit off the shelf. I'm sure there will be a person with 9C feet who will be happy to have a brand new pair of shoes for $10 from the thrift shop.

Mine fit my feet great..but I haven't had time to wear them enough to know. I hope I will be the other 50% that love them. I'll know soon enough.

one thing i would say is get the speed lacing tops , as mine dont have them and they are a pain as you have to unlace them halfway to get them on and off

I use these types of lace in boot zippers on a couple of my ankle length boots. You adjust them to where you are comfortable and then just use the zipper to take your boots on and off. Very quick and snug fit and no messing with laces. Link below from Amazon, but any boot shop should also have them.

Amazon.com: Lace In Boot Zippers: Sports & Outdoors

Interesting. I've never seen those.

Mine fit my feet great..but I haven't had time to wear them enough to know. I hope I will be the other 50% that love them. I'll know soon enough.

I hope they work out for you.

The pair I had made (custom). Showed up being large on my feet. Extra socks dealt with it.

Comfortable enough.

The part that stopped me buying another pair was the front of the to (leather) wore out from walking through grass. Not rough treatment. I used them for bird hunting and they were never abused.

Too much money to waste on boots that have leather that wears out like tissue.

Wow..never heard of leather wearing out like that before. I gota hit the range before long. I have five african rifles to zero and learn. I'll wear my boots on the property and see how they wear. Advantage I have is I bought two used like new pair for less than price of one new. I will be severely disappointed if there not comfy. I'll let ya know.

I just got my Russell Thula Thulas yesterday. So I can't say anything yet about how they wear, but WOW!!! They fit like gloves!!!! My wife and son measured my feet (and all three of is almost killed the others during the process). After what I'd read about the shoes not fitting others I was worried, but needn't have been.

The shoes are like walking barefoot, only better. I plan on using them for a winter running shoe as well as African hunting. I simply couldn't be happier. I like them enough that I now plan on ordering another pair of casual shoes soon. If they last ten years or more they aren't that expensive. We will see.

Well...I know I like the two like new pair I bought on a web site used. There standard size and fit me well. Some love em some hate em.

Well...I know I like the two like new pair I bought on a web site used. There standard size and fit me well. Some love em some hate em.

The sizing was interesting for me... I've always worn a 9.5 D. These are 8 E. That might explain shoes that fit me tight across the top of the foot sometimes. I have a wide foot and never knew it! Oops!!!

I wear a 8.5-9..These are 8's...there always a size smaller from Russell.

I believe it!!!

Oh, and also, I got them in just under three months. Much faster than the five months they quote on the website. Now to wear out my Irish Setter winter boots and order some Sheep Hunters!!! :)

I'm glad they fit and you are happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois