Ruger No 1 450/400 3” Nitro Express for sale

Ronnie Pace

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Ruger No 1 450/400 3” Nitro Express with Bushnell 4500 Elite 30mm 1x4 scope in Alaska Arms QD rings, comes with RCBS dies and 60 pieces of new Hornady brass and a NIB red Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad I had planned on installing but circumstances force me to sell. The rifle is in excellent shape and if fired it has been very little, bore looks extremely clean, the scope and rings were bought new by me and mounted on the rifle. I have not fired it. I am asking $1700 OBO shipped to your FFL from an individual. Listed elsewhere also

IMG_2380.jpeg
IMG-2381.jpg
IMG-2382.jpg
IMG-2383.jpg
IMG-2384.jpg
IMG-2385.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-2387.jpg
    IMG-2387.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-2388.jpg
    IMG-2388.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-2389.jpg
    IMG-2389.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
Offer sent

Reactions: WAB
Ruger No 1 450/400 3” Nitro Express with Bushnell 4500 Elite 30mm 1x4 scope in Alaska Arms QD rings, comes with RCBS dies and 60 pieces of new Hornady brass and a NIB red Pachmayer Decelerator recoil pad I had planned on installing but circumstances force me to sell. The rifle is in excellent shape and if fired it has been very little, bore looks extremely clean, the scope and rings were bought new by me and mounted on the rifle. I have not fired it. I am asking $1700 OBO shipped to your FFL from an individual. Listed elsewhere also

View attachment 597080View attachment 597082View attachment 597083View attachment 597084View attachment 597085View attachment 597086
I’m completely sincere in saying that I don’t mean anything personally but you might want to provide some more bona fides. That price is incredibly reasonable IMO and you haven’t posted in nearly a year. Old accounts have been hacked and used to scam people. Again, nothing personal.

I’m completely sincere in saying that I don’t mean anything personally but you might want to provide some more bona fides. That price is incredibly reasonable IMO and you haven’t posted in nearly a year. Old accounts have been hacked and used to scam people. Again, nothing personal.
I was thinking the same. These days if I see something and immediately think "I need to jump on that" my very next thought is "I bet it's scam". Sad, but how it is these days. I'm not saying this one is- I hope it's not, but does raise questions. Most No. 1 450/400's I've seen lately have been over $2k for a bare rifle and the extras would certainly add around $500 more in value (I think?)

I was thinking the same. These days if I see something and immediately think "I need to jump on that" my very next thought is "I bet it's scam". Sad, but how it is these days. I'm not saying this one is- I hope it's not, but does raise questions. Most No. 1 450/400's I've seen lately have been over $2k for a bare rifle and the extras would certainly add around $500 more in value (I think?)
That was my thought on the pricing as well. Heck of a deal if it’s real. Can’t be too careful

This “deal” has to be valuing the rifle at around $1200 or so. Sounds to good to be true but we’ll see.

My email is [redacted] or call me at [redacted]. I have been active on many other forums. I read a lot on this site. I just bought the gun not too long ago and posted about it on the other sites. Got a good deal on it and the scope. I need to finish paying for a custom revolver plus due to recent surgery it will be a while at least before I can shoot the heavy boomers. If there is any way you want proof just ask. I would gladly accept $2000 for it if it makes you feel better. I understand the caution

Last edited by a moderator:
I just found it on one of the other sites as well. Appreciate the quick response with personal contact info, certainly seems like you are a legit seller. Apologies for sewing doubt, just can't be too careful these days. This is an extremely good deal for this package. Congrats on the sale and good luck on the recovery. I truly hope all goes well for you. Hopefully @DocShep will post a report on how it shoots so I can kick myslef for not jumping on it, lol!

I just found it on one of the other sites as well. Appreciate the quick response with personal contact info, certainly seems like you are a legit seller. Apologies for sewing doubt, just can't be too careful these days. This is an extremely good deal for this package. Congrats on the sale and good luck on the recovery. I truly hope all goes well for you. Hopefully @DocShep will post a report on how it shoots so I can kick myslef for not jumping on it, lol!
Doc Shep, you got a very nice rifle, well done.

I totally understand. I have bought a lot of guns off these sites and been lucky so far. Should have asked for $2k LOL
Good deal for the seller and buyer.
Ruger #1 in 450/400 was a favorite rifle until my old shoulder decided otherwise.

Congrats to seller and buyer.

I would like to get one like this sometime. @CAustin says they are not too bad!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winworldrealty

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.