Ruger .450/400

Glenn I think you did the right thing....after all it is the season of giving! You just gave to yourself with a glad heart at the time I’m sure.
Absolutely
Don't feel bad I bought one last week, it came with 2 boxes of ammo. I'm very pleased with it so far. I too have been saving for a hunt, I could have went on 2 safaris just about with what I spent in guns this year due to the influence here. Maybe add a reciever sight in addition to a new recoil pad. Only because mine looks alittle wore form being stood up. My 13 year old son took one shot, only cause I thought he could do it and would not get hurt by the recoil. It was alittle much for him, but he did it and smiled. Good luck with the rifle
and now I’m looking at a Blaser R8. ‍♂️

You are correct on it needing some checkering, along with the 9.3x74 and 7x57 #1's I also restocked. My checkering skills aren't quite to the point that I will touch these, on a straight grained black walnut with simple pattern's I am acceptable. But not ready to tackle these or a bolt gun I am finishing up. There isn't anyone local that I would trust to do the job. So If you know a good checker that doesn't charge a arm and a leg?

Kinda scary when I read your reply. I just bought a No 1 in 9.3x74 and one in 7x57. I guess great minds think alike?

@Glenn Slaven I like my #1's (Not quite as much as the doubles though) I have used a number of treebone carving products over the years on #1's, marlin and winchester leverguns and a odd rolling block or two. I have a nice english walnut set for my marlin 45/70 that is one of my winter projects. In your 7x57 is it the mannlicher or sporter style?

@Glenn Slaven I like my #1's (Not quite as much as the doubles though) I have used a number of treebone carving products over the years on #1's, marlin and winchester leverguns and a odd rolling block or two. I have a nice english walnut set for my marlin 45/70 that is one of my winter projects. In your 7x57 is it the mannlicher or sporter style?
It’s in the sporter version. I’m still looking forward to this years Hawkeye when they release it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you