RSA Travel COVID update May 11

Guys here is a link to ARCPoint Labs. They have labs in looks like 29 states and they do RT-PCR with QR and date stamp on request.
Maybe it will help somebody

I haven't read that you need a QR code on a PCR test, just the vaccine cards.

So I just received a message from @jkosafaris- with it he sent United Airlines message to The client who was just about to leave for South Africa to hunt with him. It states that South Africa is no longer excepting a vaccine card that does not have a QR code on it. Therefore, the traveler must provide proof of negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to arrival. It does not state that the PCR test has to have a QR code on it. Thought I would pass that along because that is from United Airlines. If you cannot get a PCR test with a QR code, like me, I would have a proof of this picture on your phone from United airlines stating this to be able to show the customs agent. Just my thoughts…

IMG_1088.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I leave for Africa in 11 days. I was notified by my travel agency today that we can no longer enter RSA with a vaccination card unless it has a QR code on it. Also if you get a test it must have a QR code. I’m looking to find a test site that will do a test with the QR code. I was told by Walgreens and CVS they will not do QR codes on test or vaccination cards. Looks like the fun begins!
As of today: If a traveler arrives with vac card with no QR code they are subject to rapid testing in the airport. There is no change in the PCR testing requirement.
Like I have said for a year now there is no value in the vaccine for travel to Africa. Get the PCR test and go hunting!

So another update lol- here is the best link to get a validated QR code for your vaccines (if you got them) as that africacdc website that all of us used within the past 1-2 days seems to have magically disappeared- imagine that!! So this is the link that you can use were on your iPhone wallet app it will upload to the Wallet once you complete this which takes about five minutes. You will need a photo of the front and back of your vaccine card as well as a photo of your drivers license or government issue ID. It validates it very quickly and send you a QR code. Again you can upload it to your Apple wallet so that you have it easily accessible on your phone to show at the airport. I will provide an image of what it looks like. The website is:
www.gogetdoc.com/vaxyes

I was told of this by my hospital administrator infectious disease control. That is what she used to get her a QR code from the lot numbers in particular vaccine manufacture. You will also need the dates of when you got your first and second dose as well as if you got a booster dose. Again it was very quick and simple… The certainly should work upon arrival in JoBurg. Happy hunting everyone!
IMG_1089.JPG
IMG_1090.JPG

I was just on the Africa CDC site just a few minutes ago seeing if my stuff was still listed as a provisional cert. I was able to get in just fine. Bad news is it still showed as provisional.

I was just on the Africa CDC site just a few minutes ago seeing if my stuff was still listed as a provisional cert. I was able to get in just fine. Bad news is it still showed as provisional.

Yep lol- that’s why, if I were you, I would use the website and app via your phone that I provided above

I've just carefully read the entry requirements published on what appears to be the South African Government official website.

www.gov.za Travel-Coronavirus COVID 19 4 May 2022

I'm unable to find any reference at all to a "QR" code...
What am I missing?
Leaving for Eastern Cape via Frankfurt 16 June, PH is adamant that only requirement is PCR test OR vax card....
I'm getting worried and annoyed this is all so murky.

It’s hard enough to get accurate information in the first world, never mind RSA.

Last edited:
When it comes down to it you are going to have to just be prepared for any circumstance if you are planning a hunt or going on one in the near future in South Africa or anywhere for that matter.

I'm fully vaxed, and went through the process in the link a number of pages ago to get a verification with a QR code. My state health department (Colorado) also offers a way to get a verification with a QR code which I also have. I also am planning on getting a test done by EMed that Phillip Glass referenced to. It cost under $200 and for 6 test. $150 for the test kits and the rest for shipping and handling. The test from EMed is cheaper than I can get a PCR test done at the Denver Airport that I am flying out of.

I'm going hunting no matter what and plan to be prepared for whatever comes along as far as requirements.

I didn't realize we could use an antigen test if taken within 48 hours of departure.
Here is the IATA link:

This is a game changer in the right direction..! Using one of the Rapid Antigen self-tests via tele-health is much more convenient and less expensive than getting a PCR test. It's about time RSA got on board with this test option.

When it comes down to it you are going to have to just be prepared for any circumstance if you are planning a hunt or going on one in the near future in South Africa or anywhere for that matter.

I'm fully vaxed, and went through the process in the link a number of pages ago to get a verification with a QR code. My state health department (Colorado) also offers a way to get a verification with a QR code which I also have. I also am planning on getting a test done by EMed that Phillip Glass referenced to. It cost under $200 and for 6 test. $150 for the test kits and the rest for shipping and handling. The test from EMed is cheaper than I can get a PCR test done at the Denver Airport that I am flying out of.

I'm going hunting no matter what and plan to be prepared for whatever comes along as far as requirements.
And Denver's test wont give you a QR code. I called and asked this morning.

I just ordered the EMed tests also. Downloaded Abbot's Navica app to generate the QR code after testing. Fingers crossed. Of course before I depart they will change the rules again. Perhaps demand we live stream an anal swab and tattoo the QR code on our forhead?

And Denver's test wont give you a QR code. I called and asked this morning.

But I haven't read anything that you need a QR code with a test.

All I have read is that the QR code is required if you have a CDC Vaccine card.

The big problem is that things are changing by the hour. People like Flatwaterbill bet stuck with the change in the air and when they land have to suffer the consequences instead of them being allowed to go by the requirements that were set when they boarded their flight.

But I haven't read anything that you need a QR code with a test.

All I have read is that the QR code is required if you have a CDC Vaccine card.

The big problem is that things are changing by the hour. People like Flatwaterbill bet stuck with the change in the air and when they land have to suffer the consequences instead of them being allowed to go by the requirements that were set when they boarded their flight.
It's a huge problem. I am going to get the QR code and make someone look at it in Africa!

I WhatsApped my PH in SA yesterday about this QR Code requirement.

He said either proof of vaccination or a negative PCR test result within 72 hours of your first flight. No problems for current clients.

Unless I read of different experiences by the next group of hunters on here, the above is my plan, bring my vaxx card and take the PCR test. Looking forward to hear and hoping the best for all involved.

I logged into my health provider's website today where they post all of your test results etc. Lo and behold there was my Covid and booster vaccination information along with a QR code.
So now all we have to do is print them and put them in my Africa notebook I will carry with me for this summers trip.
Problem solved.

I logged into my health provider's website today where they post all of your test results etc. Lo and behold there was my Covid and booster vaccination information along with a QR code.
So now all we have to do is print them and put them in my Africa notebook I will carry with me for this summers trip.
Problem solved.
I'd also download a copy to your phone if you have a smartphone or at least take a screen shot of the records

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,