Ron Spomer and Phil Shoemaker

Yes, I enjoyed this podcast. Phil is such a laid back nice guy. I bet he’d be fun to hunt with.
Brown Bear hunts are ridiculously expensive these days. You can easily go hunt Cape buffalo and tuskless elephant in Zim for less money. But I’d still love to do another brown bear hunt, once I get Africa out of my system.

I really enjoyed this episode as well. Dad and I watched one evening last weekend while turkey hunting. Phil / the Shoemakers did some Instagram posts here a while back showcasing their "guide guns" that I got a kick out of. Aside from his old school cool 404 jeffery, some other neat guns.

I have a mutual friend with Phil Shoemaker. If the term "Angel in human physical form" ever existed... then Phil Shoemaker would fit this term like a glove. A treasure trove of knowledge combined with field experience, a gentleman of the highest order, a Vietnam war veteran & a friend to all hunters whom you can always reliably count on.

He is authoring the foreword for my autobiography, according to my agent.

Certus, I don't know about Phil specifically, but in general, a brown bear hunt will be in the $30k range.

Phil is a good man.

Hunts are running $35k - $40k right now. Many Registered Guides are struggling with the radical decisions made in the latest 10-year prospectus concession reassignment on USFWS lands on the Alaskan Peninsula and on Kodiak made by an out-going manager that is now conveniently retired. It’s a mess in some areas and the season starts on May 10th with some areas still unresolved. Ask questions before booking or send me a direct message if you want more information. Where I guide, we received two of our three areas back and were given a new good third area. Some registered guides lost everything and lawsuits have ensued. The exact spots I camp in were not affected as they are in the two areas we retained.

I have a mutual friend with Phil Shoemaker. If the term "Angel in human physical form" ever existed... then Phil Shoemaker would fit this term like a glove. A treasure trove of knowledge combined with field experience, a gentleman of the highest order, a Vietnam war veteran & a friend to all hunters whom you can always reliably count on.

He is authoring the foreword for my autobiography, according to my agent.
Looking forward to reading your autobiography.
CR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melva74007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.