Rogue Light Desert boots

Bonde

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
17
Location
Middle of southern Norway
Member of
SCI and NSK
Hunted
Norway, Poland, Czeck Republic, Croatia, Canada, Scotland and New Zealand
https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/649-Rogue-RDB-1-Desert-Boots/

Has anyone of You used these in Africa?

Going to Zambezi valley for elephant/buffalo in september/october.

Will these soles keep thornes at bay..?

They look very Nice for warm weather, and soles seems quiet.

I have tried the Courtenay, but find them too heavy and the soles were very hard? Hardest Ive ever seen. Can’t see How they would be quiet in the bush?

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 1.01.58 PM.png
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Courtney make several model and many different skins plus 2 different soles. The type of sole you are looking at our fine if the ground of grass is dry. My boot of choice is the Courtney safari standard waffle sole.
 
I've got the Courteney boots but also looking to get the Rogue desert boots to use instead- keep having to glue my Courteney's back together. Rogue is made in Hazyview near the Kruger Park I believe. Going to that neck of the woods in a few weeks so will try go visit the factory and report back.
 
https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/649-Rogue-RDB-1-Desert-Boots/

Has anyone of You used these in Africa?

Going to Zambezi valley for elephant/buffalo in september/october.

Will these soles keep thornes at bay..?

They look very Nice for warm weather, and soles seems quiet.

I have tried the Courtenay, but find them too heavy and the soles were very hard? Hardest Ive ever seen. Can’t see How they would be quiet in the bush?
Hi,
I used these boots twice, Namibia and Zimbabwe. The are light and had no issues so far. I plan to take them to Mozambique. I found the Courtneys are to heavy for me.
 
@ csopi03:

How is the fit? I have a very wide forefoot, which made Courtenay fit well with regards to that.
Are they true to size when it comes to lenght?

I also see Wildebees has a Vellie model:

upload_2018-4-10_12-19-25.jpeg


Anyone who has them? How is the fit?
The soles looks just as heavy as the Courtenay models? Even the slick one is heavy and very hard in the surface?
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,673
Members
168,934
Latest member
HorseSodaPeak
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top