Roe deer hunt 2026

IMG_4513.jpeg
 
Found. Very interesting

That looks like a branch from a tree or shrub. Amazing that it can penetrate the skull in that area

Is the branch too decomposed to deduce the type of tree or scrub?

I suppose the wound resulted in an instant kill, ie. no signs of heeling?
 
That looks like a branch from a tree or shrub. Amazing that it can penetrate the skull in that area

Is the branch too decomposed to deduce the type of tree or scrub?

I suppose the wound resulted in an instant kill, ie. no signs of heeling?
It's not a tree branch. this is part of the antler from another doe
 
I went to see my buddy in the south earlier this month. In this area, a lot of people don't mind about roe deers because they prefer boar hunting with hounds and they want to keep their pack specialized on a single specie.
It's therefore quite easy to get tags to hunt roe bucks in summertime and my buddy picks up many of them.
I took my good old R8 Success in 6.5 Creedmoor and my Bavarian mountain hound for this little hunting trip. As for ammunitions, I traded my Nosler BT 120 gr for Norma Bondstrike 143 gr. I still use Vihtavuori powder but the last recipe is loaded with the N160.

I stayed 3 days and I shot 6 roe bucks.

The biggest one. I shot it early morning at 180 meters with a quartering toward shot.
1.jpg
2.jpg


Another nice one we called with the Buttolo. Its burrs are welded
3.5.jpg


An average buck shot at almost 200 meters. It's the only one that ran a bit and Sparrow found it easily not far from the "anschuss". But with a lung shot, it couldn't go far.
3.6.jpg
780482386_3297006137173194_176318063966540357_n.jpg


A good outing : A very nice buck, a young one (little mistake at dusk, we thought it was bigger) and an almost single antlered buck. He probably broke its antler when it was still in velvet but during a recent fight, he also broke a part of its pedicule. I prepared the euro mount and I still have to glue it.
778899125_3297006270506514_4623941733437616455_n.jpg
780748701_3297006327173175_6353668073623003367_n.jpg
 
.

An older photo (3 years ago) .... this was a weekend with 6 friends on an estate in Eastern Germany, that was basically thinning out the weaker roe bucks to reduce forestry damage & promote the better genes. Basically a management hunt.

Image1-67.jpg



.
 
Fitting for the thread - Roe Buck herbal liquor !

Image7-6.jpg


.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I would love one of those big Swedish bucks, but I don't see the value in a 5000-8000 Euro trophy fee on a roe deer.

You could do Kazakstan and shoot 2-3 bucks in the 1200-1400 gram range for the same cost.

I really enjoy mountain roe buck hunting in Austria and Slovenia. Not a lot of bucks, but it's interesting hunting.

I got my box back from my Taxidermist a couple of days ago from Slovenia. Just really nice bucks.

I'll get all of them for the year and take a photo.

Czech Bohemia was fantastic, and you get to see a ton of deer. I might go back there in May of 2027. They are pretty bucks even if the weights do not reflect it.

I am trying to do another
 
Potential new world record trophy from Sweden I estimate it to be around 250 points harvested last Sunday. Huge 1050g weight 30 cm length and brutal expected volume score based on the thickness of the tips (425-450 ccm )

What are they eating in that area?

Does supplementary feeding play a role?
 
What are they eating in that area?

Does supplementary feeding play a role?

It is a geological substrate with all its existing minerals. They also have good genetics that have been maintained for decades. In most of their hunting grounds (the hunting grounds are commanded by the landowners) modern selection is not done and only the best quality animals are kept, but they still have top trophies
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,236
Members
169,286
Latest member
Josie_Marry
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top