Rockin G Ranch Meat Bison Hunt

3rd bison is sold. I have only 1 left. If someone wants it please let me know. I’d love it to go to another AH’r

Darn you Erik you got my head spinning.

I did this hunt in February of 2022. I brought a 12’ flatbed trailer that had 3 125qt coolers and 2 75qt coolers. We filled every cooler with quarters, backstrap, and other cuts of meat. I took the meat back to Fayetteville, AR and processed it myself. Currently, I have 12 1lbs packages of ground meat and 9 1lbs packages of breakfast sausage. We have averaged consuming 1 to 2lbs of meat a week since the hunt. We have not purchased any ground beef since that time. It was great hunt and memorable every time we sit down to eat. Sadly, I had already booked a nilgi hunt in South Texas for this February or I would be going on this hunt.

Hey, I'm from Bentonville!

If I was in America... would totally do this.

Still have 1 bison left. This is the only meat bison I have left, I will start advertising elsewhere if no one here wants it. Just trying to give AH'rs first dibs.

Don’t wait too long! Looking forward to my hunt and I can definitely recommend Rockin G. Erik and Justin do a bang up job.

You always have these hunts at just the wrong time for me.

Or, as Festus Hagan would say, "I'd be all over it like ugly on a ape."

Also I may add just to be clear. This isnt one of those having to buy the meat back nonsense deals. If booked and you are successful that bison is yours from the tip of its nose to the tip of its tail.
Also hunt method is spot and stalk.
What if you come from overseas? Can an overseas hunter sell the meat,to offset some of the hunt cost?

What if you come from overseas? Can an overseas hunter sell the meat,to offset some of the hunt cost?
Unfortunately it is not legal to do that. Only animals that have been slaughtered under USDA regulations and supervision can be legally sold here in the US.

Unfortunately it is not legal to do that. Only animals that have been slaughtered under USDA regulations and supervision can be legally sold here in the US.
What I mean is,can the meat from the bison be sold locally(where you are) to help offset the cost of the hunt.

What I mean is,can the meat from the bison be sold locally(where you are) to help offset the cost of the hunt.
No sir, it is not legal in the US to sell meat that was harvested on a hunt, or butchered privately even if it is a domestic animal unless it is under the regulations of and supervised by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). You cannot even sell beef from your cattle unless they were butchered under the supervision of the USDA.

Last edited by a moderator:

No.

A hunter can consume meat from animals he harvests, no matter how that meat is processed.

To sell meat in the US, an animal must be processed and packaged at a US Department of Agriculture approved facility. To do this for a single animal would be cost prohibitive (you’d have to ship the animal, pay processing fees, pay for the animal to be shipped back, etc)..

Basically you’d have to send the bison to one of the same facilities that our cattle ranchers send their cattle to, and have to at them to do all of the processing… Gizmo wouldn’t be able to process it for you as part of the package deal and then you be able to sell it…

@Fark it’s crazy how restrictive the laws on selling meat are in the US. To sell meat one of the many regulations is that a USDA agent has to be physically present and over see the killing and butchering of the animal.

Nosir, it is not legal in the US to sell meat that was harvested on a hunt, or butchered privately even if it is a domestic animal unless it is under the regulations of and supervised by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). You cannot even sell beef from your cattle unless they were butchered under the supervision of the USDA.
OK mate,thanks for the prompt response and the info.Much appreciated.I wish you luck with selling your hunts.

@Fark it’s crazy how restrictive the laws on selling meat are in the US. To sell meat one of the many regulations is that a USDA agent has to be physically present and over see the killing and butchering of the animal.

I didn’t realize the USDA had to oversee the killing of the animal too… crazy

Yessir, they have an agent present. We mount a lot of longhorns and other various cattle all the time for customers. Often I pick up
The hides at the local private butchers, I have watched them kill and skin the animals for me a few times to make sure they didn’t short cape me. One client in particular peddles meat and on all of his animals an agent must be present as he sells all the meat commercially. Anything not supervised by a physical agent has to be stamped “not for resale” on the packaging.

All bison hunts have sold. Thank y’all!

It`s hella inconvenient,I grant you that. It`s the price you pay for having a high standard for animal management.It`s your food supply,you want there to be high standards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaida88net

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.