Right or Left Shooter?

Are you a Right or Left-Hand Shooter?


  • Total voters
    59
I am a true lefty but plays golf and bats right. As a lefty I feel we are truly discriminated against. Most left handed rifles are more expensive and fewer of them. I recently purchased a Heym 88PH 500NE double rifle and felt so lucky to find it.
 
Interesting that so far, more left shooters than right. Hopefully we get more votes for a better comparison.
Maybe that’s because we lefties feel more strongly about being “handicapped “so often in our choice of firearms.
I am a great fan of the Mauser 98 action. I have owned, or own, four of them so far. I’d love a true left handed 98 rifle. My best option is a Zastava or a Model 70, about as close as I can get. There’s a M70 in 30-06 left hand drive in the U.K.
 
I'm surprised to see the even numbers on the poll so far. Now I don't feel like such a minority as a lefty.

From selling a few left-handed firearms in the past, I always laugh and walk off when an appraiser ignorantly says "left hand rifles and shotguns are tougher to sell." I've found the demand to be much higher due to rarity, at least in my experience.
 
Right handed and left eye dominant. Shoot left handed. Bows can go either way with sights
 
I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I have never met a right handed person who was left eye dominant. I feel your pain.
 
I guess I shouldn't have been surprised, but I have never met a right handed person who was left eye dominant. I feel your pain.

It’s not uncommon but most folks who have it don’t realize it. It is the first thing you test in shotgunning instruction. Many interesting devices have been developed to compensate for it. Look up “cross stocks”, likely the most unusual stock design ever created just for this situation.
 
Right handed and left eye dominant, shoot right handed.
Squint the left eye or for shotgun, for both eyes open, I put a nickle sized piece of tape on shooting glasses to block le ft eye.
PITA.
 
Well...after nearly a week, 700 plus views but only 56 votes, I’m not so sure of the poll results to this point. :unsure:

Right shooters - 44.6%
Left shooters - 53.5%
Either - 1.8%
 
I'm left handed and originally learnt to shoot left handed, doing rifle shooting at statics.

I then took up clay shooting competitively at secondary school and found I was right eye dominant. I could've messed about with glasses or closing an eye, but considering the club guns were righty, the coach was teaching righty and my handedness has never been that substantial, I just moved to righty. I did the same with a couple other sports for similar reasons.

Ten years and tens of thousands of clays later, I'm probably slightly more comfortable shooting both rifle and shotgun on the right hand side, but can go with either hand without much difficulty.

Same with most stuff really, except writing which still feels extremely weird with my right hand.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,845
Members
169,435
Latest member
hanthanhvien
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top