Rigby's Big Game vs Heym Express

Which one would you take, Rigby or Heym?


  • Total voters
    89
The Heym Express in 375HH holds 4 cartriges in the mag, but Mauser M98 magnum holds 5 cartriges. Is it because Heym's mag box is made to fit 375HH (and thereby hinder the bullets to be pushed inside the case during recoil).
 
have a very nice double in 500/450 3 1/4" Magnum with an extra set of 375Flanged Mag barrels. I had a very nice double 500. I also have a couple of 375 belted mag magazine rifles.
I would really like a 404J, so I see a 416Rigby as perfectly sensible .Particularly a Heym!
 
A little off topic, but I actually prefer the lines of the Highland Stalker over the big game. To me, the Highland Stalker in 9.3x62 Carrie’s and points better than the Big Game in .375. Of course I am biased as we have a HS in 9.3!
 
It's amazing how much the pricing has changed since this was originally posted.

The standard Big Game Model was 6,477 GBP in 2017, 18,995 GBP today (+193%)

The PH model was 5,238 GBP in 2017, 14,900 GBP today. (+184%)

Obviously we have undergone a great deal of inflation since 2017 but I'm guessing there is more to it than that. Is this the difference of the Californian Made Rigbys Vs British Made?
 
It's amazing how much the pricing has changed since this was originally posted.

The standard Big Game Model was 6,477 GBP in 2017, 18,995 GBP today (+193%)

The PH model was 5,238 GBP in 2017, 14,900 GBP today. (+184%)

Obviously we have undergone a great deal of inflation since 2017 but I'm guessing there is more to it than that. Is this the difference of the Californian Made Rigbys Vs British Made?
Nothing to do with that. California "Rigby" ended around 2010 or so. From memory, the big game came on the scene around 2014.
 
Nothing to do with that. California "Rigby" ended around 2010 or so. From memory, the big game came on the scene around 2014.
Yeah I was just listening to a podcast, it sounds like they returned to the UK in 2013.

So I guess the price increase can be chalked up to increased demand & inflation.
 
Yeah I was just listening to a podcast, it sounds like they returned to the UK in 2013.

So I guess the price increase can be chalked up to increased demand & inflation.
But they say inflation is only 3.5%. Something does not add up. ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,278
Messages
1,571,477
Members
169,362
Latest member
MarleneHed
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top