Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.27.28 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 85
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.27.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.27.35 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.27.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.27.41 AM.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 75
I know I will get flamed for this because I guess nobody takes a Remington 700 to Africa but here goes. My wife”the boss” has a Remington 700 Mtn rifle in 280. U can get the rifle in 30:06. People either love this rifle or hate it. It’s small, lightweight and fits my wife great. She’s only 5’3”. She’s used it for 30 years. It shoots almost all factory ammo under 1” moa and with reloads it will do better. All we’ve done to it is bed it and have a trigger job done. She’s harvested from jackal to eland in 4 trips to Africa. It’s never jammed or had any problem. Even after she dropped it in the sand at Kowas this year when the tripod fell over when we were taking pictures!! And yes after 30 years she has named it the widow maker and it’s the only rifle she wants!

I know I will get flamed for this because I guess nobody takes a Remington 700 to Africa but here goes. My wife”the boss” has a Remington 700 Mtn rifle in 280. U can get the rifle in 30:06. People either love this rifle or hate it. It’s small, lightweight and fits my wife great. She’s only 5’3”. She’s used it for 30 years. It shoots almost all factory ammo under 1” moa and with reloads it will do better. All we’ve done to it is bed it and have a trigger job done. She’s harvested from jackal to eland in 4 trips to Africa. It’s never jammed or had any problem. Even after she dropped it in the sand at Kowas this year when the tripod fell over when we were taking pictures!! And yes after 30 years she has named it the widow maker and it’s the only rifle she wants!
You will get no such flaming from me my friend.
What you, or your wife in this case, choose to hunt with is a very personal decision and I respect that.
Besides, wouldn't want to upset the "Widow Maker". :whistle:

All kidding aside, I know Remington makes a very nice rifle and I appreciate the info, but the R700 just isn't my cup of tea.
Hopefully I can sidestep the same wrath of the R700 lovers/haters that you dodged.

Cheers.

Ruger Guide Gun in 30-06. Comes with Stainless and laminate, 20" threaded barrel, and adjustable stock via spacers. And iron sights. And it is very economical.

I believe it also comes in 300 win mag but have to ask "why"? A 30-06 will do almost everything the 300 will except for extreme long range and with a 20" barrel, are you really getting any more out of it other than more bang and flame?

Then go all out on the scope and suppressor. Get her a great pair of binos if she hasn't allready got them. Nice women's camo, backpack....
Action Bob
I applaud your choice of weapons but I feel the 20 inch barrel would kill the ought 6 making it even less potent than the 308
Just my thoughts
Bob Nelson

Anyone here have experience with Legendary Arms Works?
Considering their Professional II.
Much like MRC, they will shorten LOP, barrel and thread...for additional $$ of course.

Currently under consideration (in no particular order)
Ruger Guide Gun
Winchester M70 Extreme Stainless
MRC X3
Legendary Arms Prof II
Kimber Mountain Ascent
Full on custom jobbie...but we shall see
BeeMaa
As someone else said full custom job. I've gone that route and it's not much more than a good factory job.
Find a,good donor action and go from there.
Cheers
Bob Nelson

How about a modern Winchester Model 70 chambered in either of these fine calibres , with a synthetic stock ? Old school American craftsmanship at it's finest .
I would also highly recommend the " Marquis " line of bolt rifles built by Lebeau Courally . I have recently visited Belgium and had the opportunity to examine several of their wares .

BeeMaa
As someone else said full custom job. I've gone that route and it's not much more than a good factory job.
Find a,good donor action and go from there.
Cheers
Bob Nelson
We ended up going a completely different route.
The wife tried on a Blaser R8 Intuition at Euro Optic and it was over.
She loved the wood and I love the rifle system so we are now a Blaser family.

We ended up going a completely different route.
The wife tried on a Blaser R8 Intuition at Euro Optic and it was over.
She loved the wood and I love the rifle system so we are now a Blaser family.
BeeMaa
Might not be the CRF you wanted but happy wife happy life mate. Hopefully you can shoot it too.
Cheers mate Bob

BeeMaa
Might not be the CRF you wanted but happy wife happy life mate. Hopefully you can shoot it too.
Cheers mate Bob
Hers is being channeled out to handle the safari weight barrels...in Germany.
We are still waiting on a few items from our order, her stock being one of them.
Mine is a used one I picked up from Euro Optic in 300WM.
We will both be able to shoot all the calibers we are getting.
300WM, 375H&H, 416RM and a 22lr kit for cheap practice.

What does your bride shoot?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.