Rifle Export Question

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

AH veteran
Joined
Nov 30, 2017
Messages
137
Reaction score
151
Location
Virginia, USA
Media
24
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
USA (Alaska, Florida, North Carolina, Virginia), South Africa
I am heading to SA for my first Africa hunt in a few weeks. I have pre-arranged for an import permit for the two rifles I plant to take. My 4457 forms are in order.

Based on some web research, it looks like I am also required to make an electronic filing with ICE to let them know I am temporarily exporting firearms and ammunition, and I also have to declare the items to them as I depart.

https://www.ice.gov/cpi/faq

Can anyone provide additional information about this? I don't want to mess it up.
 
That was a requirement that they were pushing back in 2015 but have backed off of for now. That is unless they are trying to re implement it.

As long as you have your 4457 you should be good to go here in the US.
 
Never heard of this one. Last time I traveling with rifles was in 2016 however...
 
I did not need it in 2013 or 2017 when I hunted SA.
 
SAPS import permit and 4457s to get them back in the country. Took two rifles every year for the last six years, never had to do anything else.
 
That was a requirement that they were pushing back in 2015 but have backed off of for now. That is unless they are trying to re implement it.

As long as you have your 4457 you should be good to go here in the US.

That’s right! To the best of my knowledge it’s not required at this time.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,455
Messages
1,576,624
Members
170,611
Latest member
VWHBecky06
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top