Rhino update

get015

AH legend
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
2,682
Reaction score
2,636
Location
South Africa
Deals & offers
29
Media
314
Hunting reports
Africa
5
Member of
SCI Life Member, PHASA, IPHA, DSC Life Member.
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
Thought I would post this, as some might recall, I posted on Rhino poaching a couple of months ago and my ideas of what could be done as I by no means believe that it is beyond our control.

Well today in an operation spear headed by local Vaalwater farmers and dedicated men from the TRT and SAPS on a no mercy mission arrested 4 poachers, this can be largely contributed to our networking system amongst Farmers and and reserves.

2 are still at large and I will post an update as soonest!

In for a long night!
My very best always.
 
Thanks for the update Jaco, keep us posted! Love it when a plan comes together.
 
Congratulations.

Keep the network rolling.
 
Take them out!
 
Good :letsparty:
 
As "Uncle Ted" says, Whack'em and Stack'em...:samurai::letsparty::gunshooting:
 
Thought I'd add, this a fourth was aprehended on Wednesday morning 3 am by Quemic our group of men and 4 trackers at the back of Marakele National park after many hours of tracking at night with the help of a very enegetic dog we got the one that slipped us earlier, I would like to thank Quemic as well as all the other men involved for putting themselves in harms way and taking time away from their families to help us fight this cause.

It is always good to know who is on your side and who will back you when the going gets tough and you need to offer a little bit of your self and your personal life!!!

Thanks guys!!!!! Honestly more effort from our side would yield similiar results.

We were caught sleeping but we are awake now and the secret to defeating this enemy will be provided by the enemy itself!

My ultimate best at all times.
 
Last edited:
Have been involved in enforcement operations (wildlife) here in Oz and it can be a risky business, even here.
I've no doubt in your patch Jaco it is 10 times more hazardous given the desperation of some of the poachers....I hope they resisted a little bit though....you know....just enough.
Anyway.... hats off to all involved in catching these prics!


(Was the very enegetic dog the wee Binga? Has he become a ball bighter...he'd likely have the heart for it).
 
Congrat's Jaco, to you and your friends. It's people like you that will help to turn the tide on that nasty business. Hopefully, more average "Joe's" will take your lead and deal with this problem on the local level. On my last trip to Zim (Charisa) we ambushed three poachers out running snares. Caught one and turned him into authorities. Without trying too hard, we picked up 32 snares in 7 days of hunting.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,272
Messages
1,571,225
Members
169,276
Latest member
ModestoF48
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top