Rhino, Elephant, and Lion in one hunt

SA or Namibia I would suggest 21 days...

Yes available US 45000 only for the Lion male...ele and Rhino optional extras....

You interested I can set it up all 3 same area.....50 000 acres self sustainable

Where can you go to get all three of these at one time? How long would you allow to do it?
I would say you can’t really do it feasibly in one place. This is unless you have $400,000 to hunt the rhino in Namibia then you could hunt a lion near Etosha and the elephant in Caprivi. Likely you will hunt the rhino, a white rhino, on private land in RSA. Then you can go to Zim for the ele and lion. The elephant and lion hunt will be 21 days likely.

It sounds as if I can get all three in RSA (which is good as far as I am concerned), but may take three trips, once to the northwest for a lion, then over to near Kruger where C.A. Austin got his elephant, and then white rhinos seem to be available from a number of places around the country. It all comes down to whether 2021 will be open for travel.

@postoak ,

Regarding your last post about going to SA for all three and possibly needing to make 3 trips out of it:
There are places in the Northern Cape, I think the Northwest, and maybe even the Free State where you can get Lion and Rhino on the same property. Reach out to @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS, Jacques has some options I believe.

Thanks, I've got a good lead on a nice rhino, but I guess at this point there is no sense in proceeding further until the travel situation is clarified.

Cost wise it makes sense to get the elephant in Zimbabwe. If you want a wild free range lion then you can do that in Zim as well.

RSA for rhino, and lion if you don't care that it is fenced in. There is a wild managed hunt advertised here that is a good compromise over the get and put type of lion hunts that are normally offered at RSA.

Getting the trophies into the USA is a different problem though.

I don't need any trophies, although I wouldn't be opposed to them.

There are apparently some wild lions available in RSA.

Cost wise it makes sense to get the elephant in Zimbabwe. If you want a wild free range lion then you can do that in Zim as well.

RSA for rhino, and lion if you don't care that it is fenced in. There is a wild managed hunt advertised here that is a good compromise over the get and put type of lion hunts that are normally offered at RSA.

Getting the trophies into the USA is a different problem though.
Not all lions are "fencef" in RSA....

I am sure that not all the lions in South Africa are captive bread. But for a visiting hunter, it would be very hard to find place where to hunt true wild lion in SOuth Africa, because as per regulation all commercial hunting is done in fence, and it is hard to see the difference from non South African stand point.

Where can you go to get all three of these at one time? How long would you allow to do it?

Rob, the only piece of advice that I would possibly offer, is that if you decide to do all three on one trip, is to do it with the same outfitter. That way you will be able to negotiate a better deal on the entire package.

Not all lions are "fencef" in RSA....

If all commercial hunting is done in fenced areas by law how would one hunt a non-fenced in wild lion? Special dispensation to hunt in Kruger Reserve? ;) Even those are probably adjusted to bunch of humans driving around and not that leery of people.

I have not seen a single non-fenced wild lion hunt advertised anywhere in RSA.

So let me ask if somebody hunted a buffalo or elephant in the greater Kruger area it is then you consider it the same as a ranched hunt on 2500 achers and not as a free renge hunt? Bearing in mind that the entire Kruger park is fenced on the western and southern side....

Furthermore you would also consider them to be more accustomed to people as they may have been exposed to tourists in the non hunting sections?

So hunting elephant, rhino and lion on a 50 000 acre area which is heavily wooded for the most part and includes large mountenous areas where they have been self sustainable for 20 years would not be considered a fair chase hunt?

Hunting the famous buffalo, rhino and eland in the Waterberg plateau would then also be out of bounds as it is fenced....

I am very much apposed to put and take style hunting irrespective of the species....but hunting self sustaining herds or prides on large areas is hunting fenced or not.

Yes all DG areas in SA are fenced but saying that hunting DG in SA is not of the same quality and experience as anywear else in Africa as a result is just not true...

So hunting elephant, rhino and lion on a 50 000 acre area which is heavily wooded for the most part and includes large mountenous areas where they have been self sustainable for 20 years would not be considered a fair chase hunt?

Yes all DG areas in SA are fenced but saying that hunting DG in SA is not of the same quality and experience as anywear else in Africa as a result is just not true...

So, in your view a 50K acre plot of land is equivalent of Zambezi Valley, Save, or Selous? Wow, I wasted all that money by booking a 21 day buffalo/leopard/elephant hunt at a 500,000 acre concession in Zimbabwe this coming August when I could have the same selection and experience in RSA at a much reduced cost. I could also save tons of $$$$ by moving my lion hunt in 2022 to RSA as well. ;)

I am not against game farms, they provide an inexpensive entry into Africa hunting for most people and not that different than Texas game ranches (except for price of one mule deer, one can shoot multiple species in RSA). Rhinos would probably have been close to extinct by now if not for RSA game farms.

That being said, equating DG hunting in RSA to elsewhere is disingenuous at best.

Clearly you have not been on a proper DG hunt in SA, very few hunters have the financial capacity to book 21day safaris in the Zambezi, Save or Selous....neither can you hunt the listed 3 animals in any of these three.

50 000 Acres may be a plot to you but it is a very large piece of land...

Refering to DG hunting in RSA as being disengenuous (incincere, deseptive or misleading)at best when compared to other countries...well is just ignorence(lack of knowledge or experience)....

By all means enjoy your money and expensive safaris but please do not belittle other places that can offer a once in a lifetime safari or experience to other hunters who may not fall in your class.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg