Rhino, Elephant, and Lion in one hunt

Where can you go to get all three of these at one time? How long would you allow to do it?
Furthermore this is what the OP requisted.....only place you can do this is SA or Namibia....
I don't need any trophies, although I wouldn't be opposed to them.

There are apparently some wild lions available in RSA.
And to add to that this is also what was mentioned by the OP so what is required and what some people think they want are two very different things....

To each their own....but do not belittle what are some peoples desires and ideas of a safari because it is not in line with your own desires and means.....especially if you habe not done same in same areas....

Clearly you have not been on a proper DG hunt in SA, very few hunters have the financial capacity to book 21day safaris in the Zambezi, Save or Selous....neither can you hunt the listed 3 animals in any of these three.

50 000 Acres may be a plot to you but it is a very large piece of land...

Refering to DG hunting in RSA as being disengenuous (incincere, deseptive or misleading)at best when compared to other countries...well is just ignorence(lack of knowledge or experience)....

By all means enjoy your money and expensive safaris but please do not belittle other places that can offer a once in a lifetime safari or experience to other hunters who may not fall in your class.....
You both make excellent points! Interesting to read.

Clearly you have not been on a proper DG hunt in SA, very few hunters have the financial capacity to book 21day safaris in the Zambezi, Save or Selous....neither can you hunt the listed 3 animals in any of these three.

If someone is hunting elephant/lion/rhino they can afford almost any kind of hunt they want. In an earlier post I did say RSA is the most cost effective way to get the rhino. The game farmers in RSA have done an excellent job of preserving the species while monetizing it.

Most efficient way I'd say is to get the rhino in RSA and then fly to Zim for the other two. Even in RSA they might not all be in the same farm so some travel is involved. Though I am sure, if one wishes, prior to arrival they could all be placed in the same farm in RSA.

The truth is that RSA, Zim and Namibia each offer something different and they all desperately need the hunting dollars for their industries to survive. Of the three I would say the future of game survival is most precarious in Zim because there is only a minute local hunting population compared to RSA where there is a far healthier local industry. So if the foreign hunters dont come it is game over for those big wild areas. Namibia i think falls somewhere in between the two, but I really know very little about Namibia so let a Namibian say.
Bottom line - spread your hunt around, isnt hard to do, we all want you!

It is quite obvious that this issue of fences in RSA is a bit sensitive, but did you know that quite apart from the obvious intention to keep game in, the mere existence of the fence is a strong legal line in the sand. According to the act of 1963 anyone breaching a fence or climbing over or under it is guilty of a criminal offence.

If someone is hunting elephant/lion/rhino they can afford almost any kind of hunt they want. In an earlier post I did say RSA is the most cost effective way to get the rhino. The game farmers in RSA have done an excellent job of preserving the species while monetizing it.

Most efficient way I'd say is to get the rhino in RSA and then fly to Zim for the other two. Even in RSA they might not all be in the same farm so some travel is involved. Though I am sure, if one wishes, prior to arrival they could all be placed in the same farm in RSA.
That is exactly the problem that you have somehow convinced yourself the only way that this is possible is "Though I am sure, if one wishes, prior to arrival they could all be placed in the same farm in RSA". What a croc of BS....you seem to imply that all DG hunting is a put and take affair...sad sad sad that in these times that is still believed.

I say again, if you prefer hunting DG game in other countries except SA that is your choice and of course you can do so but please do not make comments that are not true and do not belittle DG hunting in SA when you yourself do not have your facts straight. You can hunt Lion(self sustainable wild ones), elephant and Rhino on the same.property wherthey have been self sustainable for many years.
You can also do so on some areas that are close together and yes if you want to hunt some here and some in Nam, Zim, Zam or Moz you can of course do so.

Put and take and some "bad" operaters did cause harm to the hunting industry in SA, thinking that there is no corruption or overhunting and illegal practices in other African countries well is also not so, it is found all over Africa.

That is exactly the problem that you have somehow convinced yourself the only way that this is possible is "Though I am sure, if one wishes, prior to arrival they could all be placed in the same farm in RSA". What a croc of BS....you seem to imply that all DG hunting is a put and take affair...sad sad sad that in these times that is still believed.

I say again, if you prefer hunting DG game in other countries except SA that is your choice and of course you can do so but please do not make comments that are not true and do not belittle DG hunting in SA when you yourself do not have your facts straight. You can hunt Lion(self sustainable wild ones), elephant and Rhino on the same.property wherthey have been self sustainable for many years.
You can also do so on some areas that are close together and yes if you want to hunt some here and some in Nam, Zim, Zam or Moz you can of course do so.

Put and take and some "bad" operaters did cause harm to the hunting industry in SA, thinking that there is no corruption or overhunting and illegal practices in other African countries well is also not so, it is found all over Africa.
You make a GREAT argument for hunting dg in South Africa but what you said in your last paragraph is the reason why many foreign hunters are reluctant to hunt dg in RSA. Personally, I would consider it depending on how big the fenced off area was. I don’t think that anyone would turn down a dg hunt in the fenced BVC in Zimbabwe but it is 1Million acres big. I would definitely hunt dangerous game there but I would not in a 50,000 acre ranch in RSA....I hunted ranches in Texas that were bigger than that.

How big are the farms in RSA that you are referring to?

Areas availible range from 50 000 acres to in excess of 240 000 acres......

One of the places we hunt in Zim is part of a conservancy. It isnt fenced, but there is a big push to try and do that to keep the wanderers out. Sometimes they come with cattle, which is annoying but benign, and sometimes with dogs, which is bad, but less damaging than wire snares. The only way it will happen is from hunting revenue. This place has over a hundred natural sable, a herd of elephant and a growing population of eland, amongst all the rest. No translocation, they were all there. Oh, and a few black rhino although I have never seen them. It is 25 thousand acres.

Yes Fellas, even if it's just 50,000 acres, that is still over 70 square miles...that's a pretty big piece of bush to dig a lion out of.
Personally, I would never do a 5,000 acre CBL but I surely would hunt a self-sustaining one on 50,000 PLUS the prices reflect the situation

Is the 240,000 acres contiguous with all three species there free to roam?

Not all areas have all of the Big 5 on although most have. All have at least 3 or 4 of the Big 5. Many do not want elephant.....

Something to think about: the quota for lion in the million acre BVC in Zimbabwe is 10 male lion at $100,000 plus. So if a game preserve or farm in RSA is 250,000 acres then why wouldn’t it sustain a quota of 3 or so? And the price would reflect it at $20,000, which seems to be the usual for self sustaining lion in RSA.

I would never kill one on 5,000 acres but I would straight away on 250,000 acres at 1/4 price of a BVC lion

My 2 cents anyway

Something to think about: the quota for lion in the million acre BVC in Zimbabwe is 10 male lion at $100,000 plus. So if a game preserve or farm in RSA is 250,000 acres then why wouldn’t it sustain a quota of 3 or so? And the price would reflect it at $20,000, which seems to be the usual for self sustaining lion in RSA.

I would never kill one on 5,000 acres but I would straight away on 250,000 acres at 1/4 price of a BVC lion

My 2 cents anyway

At Zambezi you can get a lion and a buffalo for $61K.

I don't need any trophies, although I wouldn't be opposed to them.

There are apparently some wild lions available in RSA.
From my personal experience hunting a "wild" lion in South Africa, I call bullshit. Because you will have to believe an awful lot of that. I was stupid to buy it, from a "reputable" outfitter. Heck of a nice guy, great stories. Just a bit careless with the full truth....

If you want the real thing on a budget. And want a real hunting experience. Go to Zimbabwe for your elephant and lion. Book three weeks but the sooner you let them know the better so they can be scouting for lion. Add the lion to the elephant hunt on a trophy fee only basis if you can. Outfitters need to get back on their feet so may be in a dealing mood.

If you want to do a single trip, book another 5 to 7 days in RSA for the white rhino. You are probably flying through Joburg anyway so it's just another side trip.

It sounds like numbers of lions are really good in at least parts of Tanzania. And elephant may be doable as well. And not as expensive as it was.

If you are not really looking for a true wild hunt but something that "qualifies" and just want to be more certain of getting the animals. RSA may be the best option for all.

Im not against hunting a dangerous game in South Africa, but I would do some serious research before hunting any fenced area. I know there are large areas managed as wild areas in South Africa, but I notice you used the phrase “did cause harm” instead of “are causing harm.” A problem that continues reducing my confidence in a hunt in South Africa is continually underplaying put and take and game ranching to portray it as wild hunting by those involved in it. To be fair, some hunters views are overly negative, but I’ve never seen buffalo breeding camps or heard of areas only containing bulls or areas supplemented with trophy bulls outside of South Africa. My first time seeing a buffalo was sadly getting chased down along the high fence line along a highway after he escaped. A quick look at advertising for hunts or YouTube videos shows there is a major difference in South Africa from other countries. My question with all this, is what is being done to clean up the image or put standards on how hunting is conducted? From what I can tell very little and that’s really unfortunate for the outfitters who do things properly.

My 2 cents anyway
Where have you seen $20k as the usual for a self sustaining lion hunt in South Africa. I’ve seen one advertisement in that range on here on here, but most operations are price on request for that type of hunt. It’s actually really sad if they are only worth $20k because farm lions brought the prices down because it doesn’t justify letting them live wild (or starting new populations) on a property where they can eat more than that in a year.

Where have you seen $20k as the usual for a self sustaining lion hunt in South Africa. I’ve seen one advertisement in that range on here on here, but most operations are price on request for that type of hunt. It’s actually really sad if they are only worth $20k because farm lions brought the prices down because it doesn’t justify letting them live wild (or starting new populations) on a property where they can eat more than that in a year.
I remember seeing one advertised here for $20,000. It may have been 25 but not more than that. It was called a “self sustaining” whereas it killed its own game on the guys fenced in farm

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IrmaTobias

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.