Rhino bullets for 3006 spr

Jota Efe

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
SAHunters ;SAGA;GOSA
Hunted
RSA and Mozambique
Anyone with experience of reloading rhino bullets 165 gr for the 3006 cartridge ?
what about grouping and accuracy ?
what about performance on game ?

My personal experience is that their QC is sub par if you want 250m plus accuracy. In terms of terminal performance they do well, and they are fine for short range work, but there are better options if you are going to stretch the distance.
In a batch of 50x 140 gr .264 projectiles the weights would typically differ from 138,5 gr all the way to 142 gr.
I do know they have changed ownership, and really hope that they sharpen up on the quality.

I've used the 220Gr Rhino Solid Shank out of a .30-06 Springfield Ruger Hawkeye Hunter for eland bull. For short range work, I was quite satisfied with the performance (it was a one-shot kill with no tracking required). But Dewald is correct about the quality control being less than perfect. Some of the bullets in the same box weighed closer to 200Gr than 220Gr.

Nevertheless, I do understand that these are not match bullets.

The new owner of Rhino seems extremely determined to keep quality control as consistent as possible. I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

My personal experience is that their QC is sub par if you want 250m plus accuracy. In terms of terminal performance they do well, and they are fine for short range work, but there are better options if you are going to stretch the distance.
In a batch of 50x 140 gr .264 projectiles the weights would typically differ from 138,5 gr all the way to 142 gr.
I do know they have changed ownership, and really hope that they sharpen up on the quality.
I would suggest stop spreading un supported sub par crap....
Have you used new Rhinos since ownership change????

You keep posting sub par quality issues without up to date info......not good....

Hence the reason I state that I hope their QC improves under new ownership, but there are still a lot of old Rhino bullets on shelves.

I’m currently out of town. When I’m back the weekend I’ll post the pictures of weight and length discrepancies.

My report was as unbiased as possible. I did say their terminal performance is good, which is my experience, and that of many friends. Fact is they’ve had wrong diameter bullets packed before, and the bullet to bullet difference of the solid shanks, some of which are still on shelves are sub par.

Call it crap all you want, but there is a reason Norma stopped using them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbyRigby0

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you