Requirements air travel

IronRanger

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
I'm trying to pull together a hunt in RSA in one month, short on planing time!

I hunted there in 2022, needed covid vac to enter.... has anything changed, or do i need anything new?

Any suggestions / tips on speed preparation for RSA hunt?

if youre taking rifles, call Henry @riflepermits.com immediately

I normally book my own flights.. but if youre inside 1 month, Id seriously consider contacting @TRAVEL EXPRESS right away to help make sure youre getting the best flights available for your trip..

COVID is no longer an issue to travel to RSA.. dont need your vax card or to take a test prior to departure or upon arrival, etc..

What he said...
if youre taking rifles, call Henry @riflepermits.com immediately

I normally book my own flights.. but if youre inside 1 month, Id seriously consider contacting @TRAVEL EXPRESS right away to help make sure youre getting the best flights available for your trip..

COVID is no longer an issue to travel to RSA.. dont need your vax card or to take a test prior to departure or upon arrival, etc..

You can make it work, just use the above services to cut down on any potential hangups.

I concure. I would add you probably do not have time to get rifle permits done ahead of time but that is ok. I've done it a few times where you just do the permits upon arrival. The key as I see it is to hire a pro to help, and to meet you there. Henry at Rifle Permits will be able to fill you in and provide the service. As will Afton House and Mr X, and I'm sure Africa Sky can do the same. If staying at one of the guest houses why not use them... if staying at City Lodge or grabbing a connecting flight right away, or being picked up at the airport by your Outfitter, use Henry unless your Outfitter offers to help and is confident.

Definitely get flights booked ASAP. Travel Express should be able to help and give you options.

I assume your Passport is good and has at least 6 months left before expiration and has a few blank pages? If not, get that expedited this week!

Are your vaccinations up to date and if heading to the North do you need maleria prophylactic? @Just Gina and I like to just get Doxycycline for the other benefits. If you are not prepared with you vaccinations and meds, get to a travel clinic asap.

Do you need the month on the treadmill and at the range?

Don't forget your 4457.

I assume your Passport is good and has at least 6 months left before expiration and has a few blank pages? If not, get that expedited this week!

Are your vaccinations up to date and if heading to the North do you need maleria prophylactic? @Just Gina and I like to just get Doxycycline for the other benefits. If you are not prepared with you vaccinations and meds, get to a travel clinic asap.

Do you need the month on the treadmill and at the range?

Don't forget your 4457.
I'm curious. Vaccinations? I am scheduled for my 1st trip over in June. I have not heard anything about any vaccinations. I will be in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. DO I need anything?

I'm trying to pull together a hunt in RSA in one month, short on planing time!

I hunted there in 2022, needed covid vac to enter.... has anything changed, or do i need anything new?

Any suggestions / tips on speed preparation for RSA hunt?
No vac needed. Not sure where you heard that from. Get a Travel Agent. @TRAVEL EXPRESS can help you get this last minute safari going! Watch my safari planning videos in the planning section or on my YouTube.(Philip Glass Hunter)
Shoot, shoot, and shoot a bit more.

I'm curious. Vaccinations? I am scheduled for my 1st trip over in June. I have not heard anything about any vaccinations. I will be in the Limpopo Province of South Africa. DO I need anything?
There are none needed. Malaria pills possibly.

Being up to date on tetanus is the big one, and anything else that might be normal course for you. I stay up on yellow fever and typhoid as well because I've always had trips planned to places that require them as well.

To clarify, there are no compusary vaccines, unless you come from an area considered endemic for yellow fever.

But recommended are Hep A & B, Typhoid, Cholera.

I've always taken Doxycycline when going to Limpopo. Not sure it's nessasary but nice to have on board for tick bite also. Although you may need to up the dosage if you get tick bite fever.

Last edited:
TSA website has recommendation based on countries, list is quite long so use your judgement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrodieLazz

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.