Renting A Rifle

I have traveled with firearms internationally exactly once.

There is substantial paperwork involved and you should try to minimize transfers if possible. Preparation is the key. Check and double check. Legislation changes regularly. Hiring a permit service is a great idea. Mine actually expedited my wife and I through immigration, which after 22 hours travelling, was a godsend. I traveled with the ammo in my checked bag until leaving Joburg, when I had to check it.

Preparation, a good permit firm, and using an experienced travel agent are keys to having a trouble travel with firearms. Good idea to keep copies of all documents in a folder in your carry-on. Worked for me.

That being said, if i go back with Hotfire (who am I kidding, I am going back), I would be comfortable renting a firearm as I have personally confirmed that he has good stuff.
 
You know I've gone over the pond three times and about to make the fourth trip! Always with my own guns. I have used Delta on each trip. Can't imagine having to transit multiple countries with my Rugers and putting up with the pencil pushers along the way. Renting a rifle was always a possibility but I prefer to use my own.
As I read the part about the suits and cops in London I just thought Why? Why put up with that if you don't have to? Maybe renting a rifle is a better option! Maybe but not for me.
This site is an amazing source of information for anyone making the trip....with plenty of tips on how to avoid problems along the way! It's called dotting the (I)s and crossing the (t)s to keep yourself out of the police station. Even still some of our members doing the right things get the screws put to them along the way.
Everyone keep reporting issues and explaining the pit falls to the uninformed......it is what makes this community so great.
 
@CAustin , I have read nearly every thread you have written, but your latest post sums up a lot....we all here to try help fellow hunters. Great post.
 
Thank you Simon!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,299
Messages
1,572,040
Members
169,481
Latest member
PhillisChi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top