Reloading room setups...looking for inspiration

IMG_7731.jpeg
IMG_7730.jpeg
IMG_7729.jpeg
IMG_7728.jpeg

It is a mess in these pics but it’s the only ones I have. The reloading bench was bought at Sam’s Club and the other rolling benches are from Home Depot. I like to have my case prep on one smaller roll around so I can move it wherever I feel like trimming cases (no wife)
The larger roll arounds are great for working on guns as you can move them out to the middle of the room if you need 360 access to the rifles without moving the gun itself. A gun room is never big enough
 
@Green Chile

Buddy of mine had a shop sized stainless mop sink in his reloading room, it was mounted on what I can best describe as a shallow shower basin made of the same stone as their showers.

He exclusively used wet tumbling with stainless media and the setup was both functional and the stone mason made it look great.

Sorry I have no pictures, he since sold the house.
 
Lyon brand vintage work benches made in Chicago were the gold standard. Especially with maple tops. They still make them for around $5k all in. Facebook marketplace can turn them up used for $250-$750.
 
Look at using a 24" LVL beam for a work top. Usually sold by the foot atmost lumber yards, ask your builder. They're normally 1 3/4" thick

Search "Snipers Hide building the perfect reloading room" for some incredible rooms.
 
Here is my reloading bench. I purchased unfinished cabinets from the big box store (Lowe's/Home Depot) I don't remember which. I finished them myself. The top is made out of two 3/4" plywood sheets sandwich (glued & screwed) together and then cut to fit the width and length of the bench.

BENCH II.jpg


I found this cabinet at a Habitat for Humanities and it's perfect for my needs. Bullets on top and powder on the bottom shelves.

bullets.jpg
 
Gentlemen, I enjoy looking at everyone’s reloading benches and rooms. I wish I was better organized as some of you. It’s difficult to build your bench or storage too big. I am glad to see some of the extensive collections of supplies, something of an inspiration.
 
Your 'chucker is setup for righty while the 419 is setup for lefty. Are you two-fisting or is there some other reason?

Funny you should notice that! Actually after setting up my Derraco PCPS primer seater on the Rocker Chucker lat night and working the press right handed I moved to the left hand side. Thought with the bench configuration O would put the arm on the right hand side. Last that way about 10 minutes of use and got moved!
 
I'm building a house that has a 3 car garage. The 3rd space will be for all of my reloading and gun projects. Currently I have a lot of ammo and reloading components on rolling wire shelves. I'm looking for ideas on how to setup this garage space, which is on the exterior wall. I don't need room for wood working or metal working equipment...just reloading work areas and some space to work on and clean guns. Any photos or suggestions on organizing that space? I'm also interested in ideas for countertops and work spaces for reloading, cleaning, etc.

One idea from a friend was having a filing cabinet for storing reloading dies upright so you can ID them quickly. Let's hear and see some of your setups, tips and tricks.

One idea from a friend was having a filing cabinet for storing reloading dies upright word online so you can ID them quickly. Let's hear and see some of your setups, tips and tricks.
A sturdy, no-flex workbench is key, ideally anchored to the wall with a thick butcher block or double plywood top for mounting presses. It helps to separate spaces, one bench dedicated to reloading and another for cleaning and gun work so solvents stay away from components. Filing cabinets work really well for storing dies upright and keeping calibers organized. Use wall storage like pegboard or cabinets to keep tools visible and off the bench, and store ammo and components in labeled bins or cans. Good lighting over the bench is important for inspection work, and adding outlets along the wall makes running equipment easier. Keeping everything you use often within arm’s reach will make the setup much more efficient.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,459
Members
169,567
Latest member
MarvinTeje
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top