Reduced loads for .450 Rigby?

Bonde

AH senior member
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
59
Reaction score
17
Location
Middle of southern Norway
Member of
SCI and NSK
Hunted
Norway, Poland, Czeck Republic, Croatia, Canada, Scotland and New Zealand
Have anyone found some reduced loads for 400-350grs bullets for this caliber?

I am aware of the real cheap 400grs ones in .458, but they require less than 1700fps...

I’d like to find a reduced load with cheaper bullets letting me use this gun a lot more!

Otherwise I guess the .458 Lott is a verre choice if I want ringe that way beeing able to use 458 win cases..
 
Have you tried H4895? Multiply max load by 60% and work up. You could even find some 300 gr. bullets to shoot.
 
I have used 5744 for reduced loads in my .404J. This is really what the powder was created for... loads are about 1/2 the grain weight of regular loads and require no buffers or special procedures Recoil is very mild even with the 400 grain lead and jacketed loads.
 
Thanks gentlemen!

Unfortunately I live in Europe, so the mentioned powders need to be on special order.
 
It is the Hodgdon H4895 and Hodgdon Accurate 5744 powders to ve specific?

I’ll have to find a way to source them over here...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,279
Messages
1,571,515
Members
169,366
Latest member
thambprowdehos1973
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top