Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
Hunted
Idaho, Texas, Louisiana
fresh from the garden mustards and collards served over cornbread, plus sautéed carrots, and tomatoes.

I totally feel like my grandfather.

fresh from the garden mustards and collards served over cornbread, plus sautéed carrots, and tomatoes.

Pics, please!

Southern staples. You need some form of pork included in that menu !!
there was venison & pork sausage simmered in with the greens. :D

there was venison & pork sausage simmered in with the greens. :D
Damn that sounds good! Coming from Montana I had to acquire a taste for most of this food down here! Not much I’d fried at home, damn sure isn’t greens or grits! My first time experiencing grits I thought the only thing they were good for was to warm your fingers up for rifle qual at fort benning! I’ve come around, now Vegimite in Oz! You would have to stand me on my head and pound it in my ass to get that stuff in me! @Bob Nelson 35Whelen

Now we talk’n

Damn that sounds good! Coming from Montana I had to acquire a taste for most of this food down here! Not much I’d fried at home, damn sure isn’t greens or grits! My first time experiencing grits I thought the only thing they were good for was to warm your fingers up for rifle qual at fort benning! I’ve come around, now Vegimite in Oz! You would have to stand me on my head and pound it in my ass to get that stuff in me! @Bob Nelson 35Whelen
Be careful saying that to Bob. He's a big basted he might just do it.
Nothing wrong with a little Vegimite, I'll take mine on toast as its meant to be but each to their own.

Be careful saying that to Bob. He's a big basted he might just do it.
Nothing wrong with a little Vegimite, I'll take mine on toast as its meant to be but each to their own.
That’s how I tried it! I guess you get used to it when you eat it all the time! The Beramundi(spelling?) was probably the best tasting fish I have ever had and I could survive on four X.

They say Barramundi s good. Refered to as Barra.

They are in the same waters as Crocodiles in the Northern parts of Australia.

XXXX Gold is the mid strength xxxx and not a bad beer. Widely available I'm not sure about original XXXX.

Vegemite is good on fresh bread but It is an aquired taste. Good on fresh bread with real butter .

bwahahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
They say Barramundi s good. Refered to as Barra.

They are in the same waters as Crocodiles in the Northern parts of Australia.

XXXX Gold is the mid strength xxxx and not a bad beer. Widely available I'm not sure about original XXXX.

Vegemite is good on fresh bread but It is an aquired taste. Good on fresh bread with real butter .
The best fish I ever had was at Katumba in the Blue mountains. Crumbed and deep fried. Don't know what fish it was though. And then there battered deep fried Bar One chocolate.
Tooheys New was very nice as well, unlike the VB.

Sounds like meal after you've added the venison!!

@Bullthrower338
Cody we could accommodate you on your Vegemite request no problems. It's an unusual method of consuming it but to each there own. To save a bit of pain we could always thin it down a bit and use a different method.
Personally Vegemite spread on toats is the best way to have it. Start small and work up mate.
Bob

The best fish I ever had was at Katumba in the Blue mountains. Crumbed and deep fried. Don't know what fish it was though. And then there battered deep fried Bar One chocolate.
Tooheys New was very nice as well, unlike the VB.
Katoomba would be nearer to Bob.

Fish at a fish and chip shop might be the standard Flake, Hoki some sort of Shark. Unless you specified something dearer.

Like chips some shops just cook it better .
Deep Fried Mars bar chocolate. I haven't tried it but I do like chocolate.

Too hey, there are better beers. Their dark beer , Too hey Old is a nice dark beer.

VB, it's made by Foster's. I don't know why they ever told the world that Fosters is our beer. We don't drink it.

VB is likely to give you a bad hangover unless you build up a tolerance to it or have a genetic disposition that is tolerant of it.

@sgt_zim - That sounds like an incredible meal. All you need is a little moonshine to wash it down.

Bringing back an old thread. I think this fits the theme.
IMG_9333.jpeg
IMG_9331.jpeg

Smoked pig snout sandwich. Yum yum!

God damn that looks good!! I've always enjoyed the face meat on a pig when we roast them whole.
The sandwich was a lot easier to stomach than the beer. A local brewery here in Whitby ON CAN makes it, called “square wheels” it’s a very strong IPA. Just not my favourite, killed the taste of the food.

The sandwich was a lot easier to stomach than the beer. A local brewery here in Whitby ON CAN makes it, called “square wheels” it’s a very strong IPA. Just not my favourite, killed the taste of the food.
That’s how I feel about all ipas. They really don’t pair well with anything in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulianaR92

Latest profile posts

dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!
new updates !