Red Recoil Pads

Thanks for the more detailed explanation. I like the improvement especially on the Pachmayr (assume the right one is one).

They are both Pachmayr. But as I wrote, the one on the left has just gotten a single treatment. And to be honest, the word "treatment" is a bit of an exaggeration. Unless a few drops of oil and a cloth could be considered as such.
 
Lets see some Silvers pads that have been wrapped in calfskin or pigskin!

I had a warthog tanned up a few years ago with the idea that someday I'd leather wrap some of my silvers pads. Trivia: it costs about $350 to have a leather silver's pad installed on a gun...a bargain once you realize how hard it is to do it yourself! (but I keep trying and practicing, just like David Trevallion and Larry Potterfield describe in 46 easy steps!)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,249
Messages
1,570,722
Members
169,128
Latest member
JimmyBosan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top