Red Hartebeest help/advice

One last question. What is done to prevent decay under the horn since it does not slide off? Any rot smell?
 
I
Curious help from those that like the red Hartebeest and have taken one.

In 2022 I made my first trip to Namibia. Red Hartebeest hit a nerve inside of me and just really like them so that was my tied wish list with Gemsbok.

Didn't see any gemsbok, but did take some great animals.
The Hartebeest bull I took had a floppy right ear which was fine by me, but my scenic route question is, what do most people do with them?
Shoulder mount? Euro? Did you tan the backskin and if so, what did you do with it?
Thanks for any advice.
Euro is unique and cheaper, but I'm on the fence with a shoulder mount .

View attachment 616725View attachment 616726
If you have room on that bull I would have to do a wall pedestal or a floor pedestal, your bull has some striking upper leg stripes and the nose/forehead blaze looks great as well. That being said I’ve seen a ton more Lichtenstein hartebeest than red hartebeest so he may look like many others.
 
I’ve shot one while I was supposed to be hunting zebra. The PH got real excited and completely forgot about the zebra I really wanted, so I went with it knowing it was probably a good one. I was going to do a euro mount but after the shot when the PH tells you from a few hundred yards away it’ll make Roland Ward he wants to measure it when we get up to it, you decide the next one will be a Europe mount.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,311
Messages
1,572,544
Members
169,584
Latest member
RebekahH86
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top