Red Dots for Big Boomers

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
What is you're recommendations on good high quality red dots that will stand up to the recoil on the big rifles. I have a 458 and also a 460 Why if I don't sell it I plan to put a red dot on it. I'm gonna mount it on a picatinny base on the front of the receiver I believe but either way I was curious what you all's opinion was on reflex sight a that will hold up and maintain zero under that kind of recoil.

Aimpoint Micro

Over 1000 shots on my 404 Jeffery
And going on close to 300 on my 450 Rigby with 480gr @ 2380fps

Leupold Delta Point Pro. No problems on CZ 458 Lott with AHR mount.

I put a Kahles optic on my double. All of the other ones are simply ugly and clunky in my opinion. It is so small and made so well it is unlike the others. Take a look at it.
Philip

I put a Kahles optic on my double. All of the other ones are simply ugly and clunky in my opinion. It is so small and made so well it is unlike the others. Take a look at it.
Philip
I put the Kahles on my 470 double rifle, has worked great.

Kahles

Kahles or Riton

Which Kahles red dot are you guys using?

The one I use is the Kahles Helia Rd, I believe the same one as @Philip Glass uses. I enjoyed his review of the one he has so I ordered one myself.

The round one or the one that looks similar to an RMR?
Screenshot_20211105-111715_Chrome.jpg

Another vote for the Trijicon RMR. I put one on my 375 H&H double and it made a huge difference in accuracy. When I buy a 450/400 or 470 double I will put another one on that rifle.

Ok, thanks! Very similar to the RMR from Trijicon;)
I think they are all very similar, the footprint varies as the doctor uses the same footprint as Kahles, possibly Burris too. The trijicon has its own footprint. Mounts are readily available for both kinds. Leupold uses the trijicon or the doctor I forget.

These days stuff is so hard to find one almost has to pick up whatever is in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdellStarn

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.