Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, RMEF
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia,....AK, WY, WA, ID, FL, SD, TX, HI
We are booked with @MG Hunting for a few days of waterfowl hunting outside of Buenos Aries in June 24'.

We are going to spend a couple extra days after hunting in and around Buenos Aries. I am excited!

So.... I am looking for recommendations for things to see and do from folks that have been there (I can google and trip advisor). Local music and food, hole in the wall pubs, shopping.....Anything thats a must do and see for first timers...

Manuel recommended the Intersur Recoleta when I hunted with them. Nice hotel in a good safe location.

Manuel recommended the Intersur Recoleta when I hunted with them. Nice hotel in a good safe location.
Yes sir the Intersur Recoleta was one of Manuel's recommendations to us also, and top of the list.

I see that there is also a Hilton that looks intriguing since I am a Hilton travel rewards member. Are you familiar with that hotel or the location at all? Below is the google map location...

My wife and I stayed at the Intersur Recoleta in April 2022.

This is what I remember:
-safe, clean
-nice central location for seeing Buenos Aries, we walked a good bit
-decent breakfast
-adequate rooms, nothing special
-good value
-not luxurious

My wife and I stayed at the Intersur Recoleta in April 2022.

This is what I remember:
-safe, clean
-nice central location for seeing Buenos Aries, we walked a good bit
-decent breakfast
-adequate rooms, nothing special
-good value
-not luxurious
Thank You. And yes the price is right for sure. Jr Suite for less than 150.00 per night USD

I am not familiar with the Hilton but one of the other hunters stay there on arrival and said it was very nice. They stayed at the Intersur Recoleta when returning to the US. Said the Hilton was nicer but not as good of a location.

Yes sir the Intersur Recoleta was one of Manuel's recommendations to us also, and top of the list.

I see that there is also a Hilton that looks intriguing since I am a Hilton travel rewards member. Are you familiar with that hotel or the location at all? Below is the google map location...

Recommendations-

Arandu Recoleta- shopping, Beretta Gallery feel without the guns.

cafedelosangelitos.com- dinner and a tango show. I highly recommend if you are looking for this sort of experience. It was recommended to me by an American friend living in BA. Reservations recommended.

Mishiguene- upscale dining in the Palermo area of BA. Argentinian Jewish fare. It felt like a NYC dining experience in Greenwich Village. Reservations recommended. Very enjoyable meal! (We were looking for something a little different from the traditional steak house by this point, near the end, of our trip.)

We also did cemetery walking tour, art museums, bike tour, performance at opera house, etc.

Recommendations-

Arandu Recoleta- shopping, Beretta Gallery feel without the guns.

cafedelosangelitos.com- dinner and a tango show. I highly recommend if you are looking for this sort of experience. It was recommended to me by an American friend living in BA. Reservations recommended.

Mishiguene- upscale dining in the Palermo area of BA. Argentinian Jewish fare. It felt like a NYC dining experience in Greenwich Village. Reservations recommended. Very enjoyable meal! (We were looking for something a little different from the traditional steak house by this point, near the end, of our trip.)

We also did cemetery walking tour, art museums, bike tour, performance at opera house, etc.
Perfect (y) Thank You very much, that gives me a good to start

Sorry to go on and on but I’ve enjoyed reminiscing on the non-hunting portion of my trip in light of your post. I don’t recall having done so until now. Most of my recollections have been on the hunting portion. The trophy photo below is of my SCI gold roasted cauliflower dish at Mishiguene in Buenos Aires.
IMG_6520.jpeg

Happy hunting and getting to experience Argentina!

Sorry to go on and on but I’ve enjoyed reminiscing on the non-hunting portion of my trip in light of your post. I don’t recall having done so until now. Most of my recollections have been on the hunting portion. The trophy photo below is of my SCI gold roasted cauliflower dish at Mishiguene in Buenos Aires.View attachment 572833

Happy hunting and getting to experience Argentina!
:D Yes sir that is a monster cauliflower dish for sure! Thank You I am defiantly going to look at Mishiguene

Lots of great things to do in and around BA.. INCREDIBLE FOOD is everywhere as well..

I absolutely love La Brigada .. Its a world famous steak house with something of a sports bar (soccer) theme.. absolutely delicious steaks (that they cut with spoons rather than knives.. because they are tender enough to do that).. wonderful atmosphere.. super friendly staff, etc..

BUT..

@SFRanger7GP turned me on to another place in Puerto Madero called Estilo Campo.. It frankly is beyond belief.. Bar none the finest steak I have ever eaten in my life..

I have been blessed and privileged to eat at some of the best known, worlds finest steakhouses.. Peter Lugers, Hawksmore, FX Buckley, Gibsons, the original Smith and Wol's, the original Mortons, etc.. and at least a half dozen world renowned Argentinian steakhouses like Don Julio and La Brigada.. (I kinda like good beef.. and seek it out everywhere we go)..

I am neither kidding nor exaggerating.. Estilo Campo puts a significant amount of distance between itself and all of the rest of the pack..

Its also incredibly affordable..

We were just there in Nov 2022.. Since then I've sent 2 co-workers to visit Estilo Campo when they have made trips of Argentina (one for work, the other on vacation).. and both confirm that it was the finest steak they have ever had in their lives as well (the one that was there for vacation lives in Manhattan and eats at the finer NYC steakhouses several times a year... so he has very good reference of comparison available to him)...

whatever you do.. DONT miss an opportunity to have dinner at Estilo Campo one night while you are in BA!

Lots of great things to do in and around BA.. INCREDIBLE FOOD is everywhere as well..

I absolutely love La Brigada .. Its a world famous steak house with something of a sports bar (soccer) theme.. absolutely delicious steaks (that they cut with spoons rather than knives.. because they are tender enough to do that).. wonderful atmosphere.. super friendly staff, etc..

BUT..

@SFRanger7GP turned me on to another place in Puerto Madero called Estilo Campo.. It frankly is beyond belief.. Bar none the finest steak I have ever eaten in my life..

I have been blessed and privileged to eat at some of the best known, worlds finest steakhouses.. Peter Lugers, Hawksmore, FX Buckley, Gibsons, the original Smith and Wol's, the original Mortons, etc.. and at least a half dozen world renowned Argentinian steakhouses like Don Julio and La Brigada.. (I kinda like good beef.. and seek it out everywhere we go)..

I am neither kidding nor exaggerating.. Estilo Campo puts a significant amount of distance between itself and all of the rest of the pack..

We were just there in Nov 2022.. Since then I've sent 2 co-workers to visit Estilo Campo when they have made trips of Argentina (one for work, the other on vacation).. and both confirm that it was the finest steak they have ever had in their lives as well (the one that was there for vacation lives in Manhattan and eats at the finer NYC steakhouses several times a year... so he has very good reference of comparison available to him)...

whatever you do.. DONT miss an opportunity to have dinner at Estilo Campo one night while you are in BA!

Thank You!

"Hole in the wall" can be great, just don't lose a kidney in the quest...be safe.

BUT..

I might have to make my first trip to Argentina just based on this endorsement alone!

My wife and I will be there in Apr 24. Have booked a River cruise with lunch, a tango show/dinner, and a lunch with local cuisine. PM me for more details.

Buenos Aires is my favorite city. I hate cities but really enjoyed my time there. Definitely on the list of places I wish to visit again.
IMG952615.jpg
IMG952662.jpg
IMG953672.jpg

I might have to make my first trip to Argentina just based on this endorsement alone!
Right! All these recommendations make me want to just jump down there for a long weekend! :P Pilot: :D

A long way from Seward, but I think you will enjoy your trip.

A long way from Seward, but I think you will enjoy your trip.
Yeah, I am not gonna make it just for a weekend... But I sure would like to!

@mdwest I am gonna take your advice and have a steak there. My favorite Tango is Cafe Tortoni....wooden chairs scraping on tile floors with decor from the era of Evita. A modest fee gets a table front and center and a bottle of Malbec. Great show. I often stay at the tiny boutique Art Deco Hotel.....walk across the quad to the open air concerts Fridays, and around the corner to the restaurant called "Il Gato"..where Italian immigrants create magic......(getting fatter just talking about it.)............best of luck to all on their trips......FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Al Gamecock

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you