Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
@IvW Out of genuine interest I was wondering if you could post those photos on the shot placement thread with a dot showing brain shot. I want to hunt elephant in the future and the more information is knowledge.

I could give me some time to figure out how to place a dot on a photo....what I can say us that most of the time the brain shot is placed too high by in experienced hunter....

Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SSAA
Hunted
Australia
I saw this image in the 500 J thread. @colorado posted it.

Skipping the running option. Not a good idea with any DG.

(I'll thank Buzz C and Ivan C for the education on Elephant behaviour.)

I thought I'd toss a question out for discussion.

Given the behaviour of the Elephant in the photo: Do you need to shoot?

View attachment 362138
@BRICKBURN.
I may end up dead but I think it's just a show telling to back off your a bit close. As some would say it's a bluff charge.
Hopefully in real life I would still be alive.
Bob

Professor Mawla

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Brick,
a famous picture of the South African Tourist Board from ancient times,this mockcharge.
I know two hunters - I am vouching for them - who have shot about 700 elephants.
All with the .375 H+H and cheap South African PMP ammunition (because in Zimb. nothing else was available).
They have never heard of a Schüler in their lives,but all done with PMP
@Foxi
If it is the same gentlemen whom I am thinking of , then they also used a .458 Winchester Magnum and 475 grain PMP monolithic solid factory loads . Am I accurate ?

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

mbogo45 wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Appreciate your info and feedback, I looked at some European websites to try and get info on the value of this particular Steyr. Further input from you on it's value would be appreciated as you have a bunch of them. I assume you collect the Steyr Luxus for a reason ---they are a finely built rifle.
I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.