RB Rodda .577 BPE

Good point I did just order a lot of Dacron.... And stay away from that Morphy's auction house they are evil. Probably going to take more of my money on some Swedish K mag pouches and some other NFA stuff in the next two auctions. Evil. Its like it is an addiction.
 

Attachments

Good point I did just order a lot of Dacron.... And stay away from that Morphy's auction house they are evil. Probably going to take more of my money on some Swedish K mag pouches and some other NFA stuff in the next two auctions. Evil. Its like it is an addiction.
I would try 5/8” backer rod in a 577.
It’s so easy to use.
 
Backer rod ?
Agree. Would like to hear specifics. I don't like to guess with this stuff as I don't want either large air spaces (where powder could come too far forward rather than the "air" in there) or compressed loads.
 
Backer Rod is a long cylindrical foam rope used for sealing air gaps around window cases and doors - that kind of thing.
It is a compressible closed cell foam which just happens to be perfect for the reloading purpose we are talking about. Comes in three or four diameters and it’s CHEAP.
I used to measure and cut the foam to fit from the powder column to the bottom of the bullet but now just twist the foam into the case on top of the powder and scissor it off at the case mouth. Seating the bullet just compresses it a bit so it’s a pretty quick step.
Kynoch sells similar foam cylinders but of course it has a very Kynoch price and is functionally no different.


https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Bui...od-for-Medium-Gaps-and-Joints-71480/202066515
 
just happens to be perfect for the reloading purpose we are talking about. Comes in three or four diameters and it’s CHEAP.

That's a pretty slick solution to the problem of small powder charges shifting in the case. I misplaced my Dacron during one reloading session for my .577. I used toilet paper over the powder charge and it did NOT do a good job of keeping the powder up against the primer. I had several hang fires, or complete failures to fire.

I'll look into this backer rod, for sure. Thanks for the tip!

Ed Z
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,324
Members
169,524
Latest member
hunverealo1973
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top