Questions about hunting Namibia

What is there to do around Khomas Highland Safari area for my wife? I know there are no shopping malls but are there any scenic drives, trails, cultural experiences, or historical sites? It seems to be very remote which is great for me. She will ride some with me on the hunt, but she will not walk the trail unless there is something to see.
While it is “remote” and so low populated,

The nations capital Windhoek isn’t that far from Philips ranch. So trips to Windhoek aren’t that bad. (In my opinion) And everyone seems to drive very fast so making it “quick” lol.

Excellent restaurants near the US embassy area and markets etc. A tour around Windhoek, lunch either sushi at Cape Town fish or joes beer house

Philips mother is a horse lover and a horse ride tour is an option I believe. Not sure 100% if she’s still doing tours.
 
I am planning a hunt in Namib for next year and am also working on my draft list. We will be hunting in the NE just East of Etosha and so far I am looking at:

  • Eland - my #1 quarry and they have some big ones (I too already have a Gemsbok)
  • Dik Dik (maybe) - I am still on the fence with this one
  • Mtn Zebra
  • Caracal
  • Warthog (tgt of opportunity)
  • Baboon - Always on the list
  • Other? TBD
Five days is a short hunt but with a bit of luck you can still have a good time. Stay open to other opportunities as well.
 
I really want to hunt Mountain Zebra, Springbok, warthog, and Dik Dik just because of location. I will probably take an oxyx.
This is a good list for Namibia for 5 days. Good luck.
 
I am hunting Namibia in September (already booked) and I have a few questions. I am trying to decide what to hunt but I only have 5 hunting days. I will be traveling through South Africa and Namibia for 2 weeks, but I am limited on hunting days.

Warthog and springbok are at the top of my list. In 4 trips I have yet to get either species. I have an oryx so I don't really want another one.

Here are the things I have left for plains game in Namibia: Dik Dik, Klipspringer, Blesbok (not high on my list), Mountain Zebra, Black Wildebeest (not high on my list), Roan (listed for $7500 so I may pass on), Lechwe (I want to hunt but may wait on Zambia for another day).

Does the Dik Dik and/or Mountain Zebra require special permits in Namibia and how limited are the hunts per year? What would be the animals to hunt where I can take 3 to 5 animals in 5 days? I have no idea how difficult it is to hunt Dik Dik, Mountain Zebra, Roan or Lechwe in Namibia.

I am thinking maybe warthog (which I know can be difficult), springbok, blesbok, black wildebeest, and hunt the others by opportunity. What are your thoughts?
I love Namibia! If you have not already spoken with your outfitter and organized the Dik Dik it is unlikely you will have a permit for one this late in the game. Possible but I'd get on the phone now. You should hunt the endemic species there. Mountain zebra, springbuck, oryx, red hartebeest, etc. If you've only taken oryx in RSA definitely hunt one in Namibia! Mountain zebra does require a permit.
Have fun!
 
I love Namibia! If you have not already spoken with your outfitter and organized the Dik Dik it is unlikely you will have a permit for one this late in the game. Possible but I'd get on the phone now. You should hunt the endemic species there. Mountain zebra, springbuck, oryx, red hartebeest, etc. If you've only taken oryx in RSA definitely hunt one in Namibia! Mountain zebra does require a permit.
Have fun!
I have sent Phillip a WhatsApp message and he has been responding.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,264
Messages
1,570,978
Members
169,212
Latest member
CoreyLeala
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top