Question for our American friends

don't you like vegemite , spikey:A Give Us A Hug:,.............. but you digest black sausage:A Ill:........... (go figure)
trust me velo , give it a whirl ,mate :A Thumbs Up:.........just a small table spoon in some baking dish gravy , will rock ......

don't you like vegemite , spikey:A Give Us A Hug:,.............. but you digest black sausage:A Ill:........... (go figure)

how did you guess? :ROFLMAO: and nothing wrong with a some nice black pudding nestling among the bacon and eggs........:E Drooling:
breakfast.jpg

Attachments

• breakfast.jpg
    breakfast.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 107
is that , black pudding , the stuff that looks like flattened out zebra shit... on top of the swine ......
them eggs are cooked pretty damn good but .......

Reactions: lcq
is that , black pudding , the stuff that looks like flattened out zebra shit... on top of the swine ......
them eggs are cooked pretty damn good but .......

sliced, flattened out zebra shit

ooooops, flattened sliced zebra shit ,
thanks for that ,lcq
articulation has never been my strong point ......

ooooops, flattened sliced zebra shit ,
thanks for that ,lcq
articulation has never been my strong point ......

always happy to help out another hunter. BTW I could never fathom how anyone could eat that black gritty tar, reminds me of Haggis. Scots don't eat the crap and feed it to tourists with a fifth of scotch to choke it down.

don't know too much about the blood sausage, lcq. l wonder what them other bits , that look undigested grass are through it ?
but them English gents seem to go for it ,mate
cant see how it rates against our vegemite ,or as my daughter calls it , axle grease.....

here is some info on these 2 tasty dishes for you 2 philistines of the culinary world :E Big Grin:
A starter dish of haggis, black pudding and apple served with a whisky sauce in the Douglas Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway
haggis-starter

you 2 would love that one ;)

Where does haggis come from?

haggis
Although Robert Burns immortalised haggis in his humorous poem Address to a Haggis, the origins of Scotland’s national dish can be traced much further back.

It is said that in days gone by hunters would mix offal, which couldn’t be preserved, with cereal – creating the first haggis. The first written mention of a haggis-type sausage comes from the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes in 423 BC when he refers to one exploding.

Though the actual origin of the word ‘haggis’ remains a mystery, many people believe that it may have come from the Scots word ‘hag’ which means to chop or hew. The dish has Viking connections too, with strong similarities to the Swedish word ‘hagga’ and the Icelandic ‘hoggva’, both of which also mean to chop or hew. Haggis-type dishes can still be found in Scandinavia today

Black pudding

This article is about the traditional food made with pork blood.
220px-Grinners_breakfast.jpg

A Scottish cooked breakfast, including black pudding, served with Scottish square sausage, baked beans,mushrooms, and fried bread.
220px-Wiki_black_battered.jpg

A single battered deep-fried chip shop black pudding (approx. 20 cm (7.9 in) long), sliced open.
Black pudding (Swedish: blodpudding, Estonian: verivorst) is a type of blood sausage commonly eaten in Britain, Croatia, Ireland,Sweden, Estonia and Latvia. It is generally made from pork blood and a relatively high proportion of oatmeal. In the past it was occasionally flavoured with pennyroyal, differing from continental European versions in its relatively limited range of ingredients and reliance on oatmeal and barley instead of onions to absorb the blood.[1] It can be eaten cold, as it is cooked in production, but is often grilled, fried, baked or boiled in its skin.

In the United Kingdom,[2] black pudding is considered a delicacy in the Black Country and the West Midlands, Stornoway and the North West, especially in Lancashire, and sometimes in Greater Manchester (towns such as Bury), where it is traditionally boiled and served withmalt vinegar out of paper wrapping.[3] The Stornoway black pudding, made on the Western Isles of Scotland, has been granted Protected Geographical Indicator of Origin status.

Black puddings are also served sliced and fried or grilled as part of a traditional full breakfast in much of the UK and Ireland, a tradition that followed British and Irish emigrants around the world. Black pudding is now part of the local cuisine of the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.[citation needed]

While "blood sausage" in English is understood in Britain, the term is applied only to foreign usage (e.g., in the story The Name-Day bySaki), or to similar blood-based sausages elsewhere in the world.

so as you see haggis is hunters food !!!!

Attachments

• 220px-Wiki_black_battered.jpg
    220px-Wiki_black_battered.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 220px-Grinners_breakfast.jpg
    220px-Grinners_breakfast.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 109
  • haggis.jpeg
    haggis.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 122
  • haggis-starter.jpeg
    haggis-starter.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 116
Last edited by a moderator:
don't know too much about the blood sausage, lcq. l wonder what them other bits , that look undigested grass are through it ?
but them English gents seem to go for it ,mate
cant see how it rates against our vegemite ,or as my daughter calls it , axle grease.....

vegemite looks scary similar to a pungent tar like product we have here called marmite. I prefer to get my B vitamins from beer not the yeasty leftovers. pretty astute observation about looking like "undigested grass" bits

here is some info on these 2 tasty dishes for you 2 philistines of the culinary world :E Big Grin:
A starter dish of haggis, black pudding and apple served with a whisky sauce in the Douglas Hotel in Dumfries & Galloway
haggis-starter

you 2 would love that one ;)

Where does haggis come from?

haggis
Although Robert Burns immortalised haggis in his humorous poem Address to a Haggis, the origins of Scotland’s national dish can be traced much further back.

It is said that in days gone by hunters would mix offal, which couldn’t be preserved, with cereal – creating the first haggis. The first written mention of a haggis-type sausage comes from the ancient Greek playwright Aristophanes in 423 BC when he refers to one exploding.

Though the actual origin of the word ‘haggis’ remains a mystery, many people believe that it may have come from the Scots word ‘hag’ which means to chop or hew. The dish has Viking connections too, with strong similarities to the Swedish word ‘hagga’ and the Icelandic ‘hoggva’, both of which also mean to chop or hew. Haggis-type dishes can still be found in Scandinavia today

Black pudding

This article is about the traditional food made with pork blood.

A Scottish cooked breakfast, including black pudding, served with Scottish square sausage, baked beans,mushrooms, and fried bread.

A single battered deep-fried chip shop black pudding (approx. 20 cm (7.9 in) long), sliced open.
Black pudding (Swedish: blodpudding, Estonian: verivorst) is a type of blood sausage commonly eaten in Britain, Croatia, Ireland,Sweden, Estonia and Latvia. It is generally made from pork blood and a relatively high proportion of oatmeal. In the past it was occasionally flavoured with pennyroyal, differing from continental European versions in its relatively limited range of ingredients and reliance on oatmeal and barley instead of onions to absorb the blood.[1] It can be eaten cold, as it is cooked in production, but is often grilled, fried, baked or boiled in its skin.

In the United Kingdom,[2] black pudding is considered a delicacy in the Black Country and the West Midlands, Stornoway and the North West, especially in Lancashire, and sometimes in Greater Manchester (towns such as Bury), where it is traditionally boiled and served withmalt vinegar out of paper wrapping.[3] The Stornoway black pudding, made on the Western Isles of Scotland, has been granted Protected Geographical Indicator of Origin status.

Black puddings are also served sliced and fried or grilled as part of a traditional full breakfast in much of the UK and Ireland, a tradition that followed British and Irish emigrants around the world. Black pudding is now part of the local cuisine of the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia and Newfoundland and Labrador.[citation needed]

While "blood sausage" in English is understood in Britain, the term is applied only to foreign usage (e.g., in the story The Name-Day bySaki), or to similar blood-based sausages elsewhere in the world.

so as you see haggis is hunters food !!!!

philistines? You do recall that lengthy politically incorrect joke about the difference between heaven and hell? Abbreviated in heaven the comedians are British, Hell the cooks are British :)

less salt in vegemite , we have that here also

and the girl still eats it most mornings, spikey

philistines? You do recall that lengthy politically incorrect joke about the difference between heaven and hell? Abbreviated in heaven the comedians are British, Hell the cooks are British :)

have to get a mate who is british and a michelin starred chef to come visit you .......but after that i dont think he will be bringing his knives to prepare food with:D and being a top chef he is prone to sense of humour failures of interesting proportions ;)

@spike.t I'm all over the black pudding, you can keep the haggis. Perhaps the nut eaters would like it?

less salt in vegemite , we have that here also

and the girl still eats it most mornings, spikey

beer works great on cereal to get your day started

@spike.t I'm all over the black pudding, you can keep the haggis. Perhaps the nut eaters would like it?

Spring is only a couple of months off. I think black pudding would make an excellent catfish bait instead of the stinky string mop trick. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilbert89L

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross