Quad Shooting sticks

bazza

AH member
Joined
Jul 26, 2017
Messages
17
Reaction score
12
Location
Durban South Africa
Media
2
Member of
KZN Hunters
Hunted
South Africa
Hi all,

Looking to make a set of the attached quad Shooting sticks. Does anyone have dimensions etc for me?
IMG_1680.JPG
 
The main stick are the front pair and they are the same height as any set of bipod stick to suit your own height (to about your eye height) with the back set being a couple of inches shorter as they are pivoted just above the ground at the bottom of the front pair
 
it is a super easy project I have made my own take 4 6ft 3/4inch dowel rods, lash 2 together as a pair then the other 2 together as a pair then look at the picture above you lash the 2 pair together as in the pict. tie a cord in between if you want to control how far they open but i didnt . i learned from Beans at tootabie valley safaries and shot off his they are great!!
 
So what I can gather is the only trick is working out how much shorter to Make the rear 2?
 
Bazza start with 6ft pieces and then put your gun on them and see what you need to do in the way of any shortening. easy to trim to shoot height for you but you cant put wood back on when you cut it. They are like shooting off a bench very stable. cheap. there are videos and plans on the net on best way to lash them with parachute cord or some guys use old bike inner tubes. I do put a cord on to control how far they open when using the big bore guns so that they flop open just right for me to support front and rear of the gun. send a pic when you get it together or maybe I can post a pic if you need be.
 
Thanks BD. Been looking on the net but only find pics and no demos on how to make.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,804
Members
169,417
Latest member
SommerDoug
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top