AH member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
KZN Hunters
Hunted
South Africa
Hi all,

Looking to make a set of the attached quad Shooting sticks. Does anyone have dimensions etc for me?
IMG_1680.JPG

The main stick are the front pair and they are the same height as any set of bipod stick to suit your own height (to about your eye height) with the back set being a couple of inches shorter as they are pivoted just above the ground at the bottom of the front pair

it is a super easy project I have made my own take 4 6ft 3/4inch dowel rods, lash 2 together as a pair then the other 2 together as a pair then look at the picture above you lash the 2 pair together as in the pict. tie a cord in between if you want to control how far they open but i didnt . i learned from Beans at tootabie valley safaries and shot off his they are great!!

So what I can gather is the only trick is working out how much shorter to Make the rear 2?

Bazza start with 6ft pieces and then put your gun on them and see what you need to do in the way of any shortening. easy to trim to shoot height for you but you cant put wood back on when you cut it. They are like shooting off a bench very stable. cheap. there are videos and plans on the net on best way to lash them with parachute cord or some guys use old bike inner tubes. I do put a cord on to control how far they open when using the big bore guns so that they flop open just right for me to support front and rear of the gun. send a pic when you get it together or maybe I can post a pic if you need be.

Thanks BD. Been looking on the net but only find pics and no demos on how to make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois