Qatar airlines Question

I wouldn’t use Qatar again after my experience with the last year. One of my fights was cancelled. I had an email offering a refund or an alternative flight a day earlier. I cancelled and it then took me over six months of phone calls and emails to get a partial refund. They then charged me a very large admin fee to process the refund. I wouldn’t use them again now.
If you had used a TA it would have been handled immediately. Sorry you had trouble.

Don't you have access to the Executive Platinum desk at AA? They should Be able to help.
please keep us informed how it goes.
I did call the executive platinum desk, they tried to intervene but got nowhere, they suggested I just show up at Qatar check in and thought then it would be ok. Could not take the chance. It’s handled now but what a nightmare

Like Philip Glass mentioned, save points for something else. I’ve been reading horror stories on this subject, on this forum since I’ve been a member. Pay the extra few bucks for the TA, it’s just not worth the headache.

I did call the executive platinum desk, they tried to intervene but got nowhere, they suggested I just show up at Qatar check in and thought then it would be ok. Could not take the chance. It’s handled now but what a nightmare

I love Qatar Air... but have found them to be very frustrating any time I have had to actually call or email them about firearms..

Ive been an executive platinum or platinum pro flyer with American (varies occasionally based on how much I fly the year prior) for years... Sadly I have found them to be of little help any time I am dealing with a code share partner issue... I had some problems with a BA flight a few years back.. I was flying AA to London and then BA out of London to my final destination.. the AA folks basically washed their hands of it and told me to call BA directly and just continue to call BA until I got someone that could help me (they agreed that BA was creating the problem and could solve it.. they just lacked the ability to help.. even though my flights were booked through AA and I was an AA Executive Platinum flyer)..

Frankly, I havent found AA to care much about my platinum status even when flying on AA exclusively.. I got jerked around in the lounge at DFW in November when trying to get my family in while waiting on our flight to Buenos Aires.. I finally just got tired of dealing with them and paid for a seat that I very clearly didnt have to pay for (and they acknowledged that my status should have provided).. I had already been standing at the counter for 15+ minutes while they fidgeted around trying to figure out how to "fix" the problem.. and they had no reasonable solution in sight yet (seemed to me the reasonable solution would have simply been to say "thank you sir for your patience.. why dont you and your family go inside and relax for a few minutes while we sort this out... we'll come get you if we need you...")...

Excellent, glad you did not have to go what we did
It was definitely a pain, but now I know how it works, so next time it should be much easier. if anyone needs to do the same it would be easier over the phone to explain, so PM me if you need the info

AA screwed up my miles tickets with Qatar a few years ago. They "fixed it" by flying us from Fort Lauderdale on AA to Philadelphia where we would connect on our Qatar flight. That is where the fun began with the firearms. The solution (I had to sort it for them) was to terminate my trip in Philly and have the Qatar flights as completely different coded flights. We had to pick up our bags and do the duffle bag drag to a different terminal and check in all over again. Pain in the 4th point of contact but that was the only way it would work. I found out Qatar and AA are One World Alliance, but they do not work together or even share the same systems for ticketing and reservations.

Safe travels

I love Qatar Air... but have found them to be very frustrating any time I have had to actually call or email them about firearms..

Ive been an executive platinum or platinum pro flyer with American (varies occasionally based on how much I fly the year prior) for years... Sadly I have found them to be of little help any time I am dealing with a code share partner issue... I had some problems with a BA flight a few years back.. I was flying AA to London and then BA out of London to my final destination.. the AA folks basically washed their hands of it and told me to call BA directly and just continue to call BA until I got someone that could help me (they agreed that BA was creating the problem and could solve it.. they just lacked the ability to help.. even though my flights were booked through AA and I was an AA Executive Platinum flyer)..

Frankly, I havent found AA to care much about my platinum status even when flying on AA exclusively.. I got jerked around in the lounge at DFW in November when trying to get my family in while waiting on our flight to Buenos Aires.. I finally just got tired of dealing with them and paid for a seat that I very clearly didnt have to pay for (and they acknowledged that my status should have provided).. I had already been standing at the counter for 15+ minutes while they fidgeted around trying to figure out how to "fix" the problem.. and they had no reasonable solution in sight yet (seemed to me the reasonable solution would have simply been to say "thank you sir for your patience.. why dont you and your family go inside and relax for a few minutes while we sort this out... we'll come get you if we need you...")...
Sadly the lounges are being run as a separate business now. They don’t care about anything but if you are a paid lounge member or flying business internationally.
Yea the whole AA to BA or any other scenario where you change airlines with rifles is a bad situation.

Sadly the lounges are being run as a separate business now. They don’t care about anything but if you are a paid lounge member or flying business internationally.
Yea the whole AA to BA or any other scenario where you change airlines with rifles is a bad situation.
I actually learned this the hard way yesterday..

I was at DFW.. flying domestic to DC for meetings... got to the airport early so thought I'd sit in the lounge... Im flying business class and am a Platinum Pro traveler... I've always been able to access the lounge..

I walked into the lounge, showed the lady my ticket on my phone... and all she said was "are you a member?"

I responded "I have platnium pro status and am flying business class today".. she simply said "if you are not a member you cannot come into the lounge"...

No further explanation.. no further words said.. she just gave me a resting bitch face type stare, expecting me to promptly leave (typical shit AA customer service)...

Granted I havent tried to get into a lounge for a domestic flight in probably 3 or 4 years.. I typically arrive at the airport just early enough to be able to sit down and get a meal somewhere and then have to go board.. so maybe the policy changed a while back? But I thought I remember looking at my app and the benefits of platnium pro as recently as late last year and lounge access was available for all travel with that status?

I actually learned this the hard way yesterday..

I was at DFW.. flying domestic to DC for meetings... got to the airport early so thought I'd sit in the lounge... Im flying business class and am a Platinum Pro traveler... I've always been able to access the lounge..

I walked into the lounge, showed the lady my ticket on my phone... and all she said was "are you a member?"

I responded "I have platnium pro status and am flying business class today".. she simply said "if you are not a member you cannot come into the lounge"...

No further explanation.. no further words said.. she just gave me a resting bitch face type stare, expecting me to promptly leave (typical shit AA customer service)...

Granted I havent tried to get into a lounge for a domestic flight in probably 3 or 4 years.. I typically arrive at the airport just early enough to be able to sit down and get a meal somewhere and then have to go board.. so maybe the policy changed a while back? But I thought I remember looking at my app and the benefits of platnium pro as recently as late last year and lounge access was available for all travel with that status?
Not even Executive Platinum will get you in a lounge these days in AA.

Not even Executive Platinum will get you in a lounge these days in AA.
Found that out recently during SCI in Nashville. Got turned away despite that loyalty level. Thankfully, Amex Platinum gets one into other lounges.

Found that out recently during SCI in Nashville. Got turned away despite that loyalty level. Thankfully, Amex Platinum gets one into other lounges.
I would love to have AMEX platinum but can’t justify it. I have the AA black card that gets me in Admirals clubs because I fly AA most of the time. It is the only airline that we have locally. ☹️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomasovWoogy

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg