Qatar Air

russ_c

AH veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
145
Reaction score
168
Media
9
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Anyone used it for trip from US to Jo’Berg? Would be flying out of Houston.
 
Did Dfw to Windhoek last year and if everything works out will be doing Dfw to Johannesburg end of August. Great airline , no problems with firearms. Wouldn’t think Dfw and Houston would be much different. Have already bought tickets so I hope this mess is settled by then.
 
Last edited:
Did Dfw to Windhoek last year and if everything works out will be doing Dfw to Johannesburg end of August. Great airline , no problems with firearms. Wouldn’t think Dfw and Houston would be much different. Have already bought tickets so I hope this mess is settled by then.

Where did you layover, if any?
 
Had an 8 hr layover in Doha. The wife and I bought entrance to the 1st class lounge both ways so we could eat and shower and nap. Going to Johannesburg we will go thru Doha again but only have a 4 hr layover on the way and 2 hrs coming back.
 
I flew Qatar air 2 years ago and it was a very nice experience, we didn’t end up having a layover on that trip. We fly out again this May on Qatar air and have a 4 hour layover in Doha
 
If the price is not much different, I would suggest going Emirates from IAH to JNB. That flight operates on an A380 from IAH which is a more comfortable plane.
 
If the price is not much different, I would suggest going Emirates from IAH to JNB. That flight operates on an A380 from IAH which is a more comfortable plane.
Love the A380! Wish I could fly on one again someday. Emirates now uses 777 from DFW. Only A380 in DFW now is Quantas and that’s the one I was on years ago.
 
Love the A380! Wish I could fly on one again someday. Emirates now uses 777 from DFW. Only A380 in DFW now is Quantas and that’s the one I was on years ago.

Unfortunately, QANTAS is going to subsitiute a B777 for their A380 from DFW, as traffic has been reduced.
 
The B777 is a great plane. All of the Delta 777s have had interior upgrades. Flying on one of these to Johannesburg then on to Namibia via South African Airlines.
Next trip I hope to fly Qatar or Emirates.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,276
Messages
1,571,407
Members
169,353
Latest member
WoodrowOre
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top