Q&A with Boddington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Known fact in Africa one of his daughter's shot a PH in the arm with a 458 win mag, wasn't to healthy after that.
Never heard anything about it outside Africa.
Your "known fact" is wrong. It was a Leopard hunt over dogs in Namibia and the tracker/handler, not the PH, was the one wounded - in the hip . I believe the rifle was a 7-08. He was also badly chewed on by the cat - an unfortunate accident that has nothing to do with my opinion about Boddington. I don't know if anyone bid on these hunts or not, or what eventually became of the tracker. Someone here may. I also don't know if Boddington reached for his own check book. It was broadly discussed among a number of forums.

http://**NOT**PERMITTED**.com/craig-boddingtons-daughter-involved-in-leopard-hunting-accident/

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/showthread.php?t=84458
 
Last edited:
So, yer sayin’ she likes her eggs over easy?
And really? Cosmo?! Do we need to revisit the topic of what links are acceptable to post on AH? :E Frightened:
:E Happy:

If we were going to chase Alice down a Rabbit hole I had to join in.
 
I think I might take up fishing.

:(
 
Another bit about the daughter shooting a person. CB was selling his underwear (used t-shirts) as a fundraiser to help pay for his care. I give him credit for trying to raise money for the guy, but if I was going to buy used underwear it would not be CB's.

Regarding keeping is guns. Fact the only long gun above a .22 that he listed as owning was a Winchester Featherweight in .308. Makes you wonder about all of his guns that he writes about.

Then of course you have the field promotion, where he was just following orders.
 
Last edited:
I seem to remember an article his daughter wrote for one of the sporting magazines, possibly "Field and Stream", about the incident, so it was no secret. I also seem to remember her asking for donations to help the tracker in the same article.
 
It's called Persevorating.

An EMT's view:
"I’ve found that repetitive questioning is common with trauma, and head injuries specifically. I know that doesn’t come as a surprise to anyone, but I seem to have noticed that the more “damaged” a person is, the shorter the questioning ‘loop’, as well as the time between it being repeated."

It's called avoiding the issue, or cowardice......

dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, finesse, get around, scape, shake, shirk, shuffle (out of), shun, weasel (out of) Words Related to avoid. miss. avert, deflect, divert, obviate, parry, prevent, ward (off) ban, bar, debar, eliminate, except, exclude, preclude, rule out.
 
Some folks will always find a way to bash the guy no matter how old the story or how irrelevant. Then go after his daughter too?o_O Really? Pretty sad.:( Think we can do better....and grow up a little.:eek:
 
It's called avoiding the issue, or cowardice......

dodge, duck, elude, escape, eschew, evade, finesse, get around, scape, shake, shirk, shuffle (out of), shun, weasel (out of) Words Related to avoid. miss. avert, deflect, divert, obviate, parry, prevent, ward (off) ban, bar, debar, eliminate, except, exclude, preclude, rule out.
Seriously? Still?

I had hoped we were better than this. But as they say about hope . . .
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,275
Members
169,517
Latest member
JadaBridge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top