Proposal to Ban Elephant, Leopard, Lion and Rhino in New York

This law would only apply to New York residents. They so not have the authority to keep trophies from being shipped on to other states, once they have cleared customs, and USFW.

This law would only apply to New York residents. They so not have the authority to keep trophies from being shipped on to other states, once they have cleared customs, and USFW.

Except that the port of entry for many of our trophies is New York and at least according to the article that would be an issue. I don't see how this could possibly be legal given Article I section 10 of the US Constitution but when has the Constitution actually been respected lately anyway?

Brent,
If it comes into NY it will be seized according to the law if it passes.

Bushmore,
The safe act is not legal according to the 2nd amendment ......

Any one who hunts and does not vote should have their ass kicked. Talk face to face with candidates and let them know what you think and that you are willing to support them or their competition depending on how they vote. Let them know you are watching. If we lose it will be because we did not care enough!

God freaking dammit. Start spreading the news, I'm getting the crap outta here today.

The gentleman from New York was endorsed by these groups:......................

Mike, your too generous.:D

PS: Every time I see your avatar, I just have to stare. Your buff has to be one of the biggest free range buff shot this millennium.:eek: Congratulations again.(y)

Wheels,

The "Gentleman" comment is the kinder gentler me. It sounds better than jacka$$.

That buffalo was huge. It is doubtful I will ever kill one bigger, but I am having lots of fun trying!!!

That buffalo was huge. It is doubtful I will ever kill one bigger, but I am having lots of fun trying!!!

Wheels, Here is Mike's Buffalo so that you can appreciate him in all it's splendor...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheels, Here is Mike's Buffalo so that you can appreciate him in all it's splendor...

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Thanks! Can you see how much I'm enjoying this!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Probably the widest buff I have seen outside of the crater.........and photos. Bosses are great too.

How hard would it be to photoshop my ugly mug over Mike's face? It would make a great diet pic too, I would loose 40 pounds!:E Happy:

Brent,
If it comes into NY it will be seized according to the law if it passes.
I don't know much about these laws, but there has to be some kind of interstate ownership shipping transit type law on the books somewhere, to keep NY from seizing legal trophies bound for somewhere else.

In some off chance this law should pass, I imagine SCI would make a good case of it in the Supreme Court.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) —
“There’s a huge number of animal rights advocates in New York and throughout the country and the world who want to preserve these animals,” he said. “If we don’t take steps now, they will be extinct. And future generations will not know that they ever existed.
I will do my very best to help them know they once existed. they can come and look at my taxidermy whenever they desire.

I have also grown much more cynical as I get older.
It seems liberals are out to destroy everything in their path.

Customs imports are Federal governed. I can't see how a state can over-arch that
Maybe one of our importers can chime in

Bluey
Once one of the five die in the Bronx Zoo they can't be replaced....
So much for conservation...
Bob I hope this does not effect me! As you know I have a leopard hunt booked.

The key to conservation is utilisation! First we must conserve soil. Without soil no animal food are produced, then we need to conserve grass, trees and plants (for that we need to control numbers of animals especially elephants), then we need to conserve the animal !! They have got it the wrong way around!!.......no habitat no food for any species ....all creatures die. .........

Johnny, so do I...........

Lionman, all accept Democrats...... there parasites.......

I think this is a bit strange. I am no expert on US law, so please correct me if I am wrong.

Imports into the US (as in any country I know) are controlled by a Federal Agency, and come under Federal Law, so how could a State possibly legislate what is not under their jurisdiction, or their control ?

Health and Safety.

Johnny,

It states, Import sale and transport......
I have a very big deposit for my leopard hunt.........
The final destination is NY....... Taxidermy NY........ ship from Chicago to NY....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross