Proper Gin and Tonic

I would rather drink gin than any whiskey. I had a $500 bottle of whiskey I bought 30 years ago. I packed it for 25 years, it was bottled 40 years before I bought it. Finally cracked into it and I didn't enjoy it. I gave some to my father in law and he hated it to.

This was a single malt from Isle, Scotland.

Made vanilla out of it and had some of the most amazing tasting vanilla ever a year later.
 
I like to try various gin brands, but thus far, haven't found any better than Hendrick's. Half a glass of gin, half tonic (any brand) and a slice of grapefruit or orange, and all is right with the world.
 
I like to try various gin brands, but thus far, haven't found any better than Hendrick's. Half a glass of gin, half tonic (any brand) and a slice of grapefruit or orange, and all is right with the world.
@gcbailey - well I “guess” Hendrick’s is Gin? Although at only 80 proof it’s 60% WATER….but people like it so it must taste OK?
 
@gcbailey - well I “guess” Hendrick’s is Gin? Although at only 80 proof it’s 60% WATER….but people like it so it must taste OK?
It isn't so much the taste, as the slight bite in the back of the throat that I get with Hendrick's.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,301
Messages
1,571,059
Members
169,096
Latest member
EliseCream
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top