Preppers

It's not the natural disasters, it's the asses and idiots that crawl out of the rocks afterward. I've thought about the guns and ammo thing but what happens if you run out? Use the gun as a club? To me a bow and arrow makes more sense. Shoot his ass, pull the arrow out and reuse it. Endless supply of weaponry. Of course, if you're mobbed a good small arms barrage works wonders on evening the odds.

Lol...That's right @Ray B - You can see a lot TV nightly news programs where they raided a house and came up with an "arsenal" of a handful of guns and a couple hundred rounds. :LOL:

The answer isn't in having a means to eliminate someone. What will be needed is skill in developing community. Seeing what the needs are and having a member of the community that can provide them. this is the opposite of the present system of political power based on dividing everyone up into smaller and smaller ethnic/genetic/cultural/religious groups to the point that all groups consist of one person.

Smart man RayB,

If say 3/4 of the world's (that's right WORLD'S) population is dead, then those left alive need to ban together and build on their strengths. Rebuild, not continue to kill because someone wants what you have and vise versa. Food, shelter, medicine, PURIFIED water, security.... One person can't do it alone, not for long..

Butthe Preppers, typically, plan on ONE scenation, like a bug out location due to some event. OK, so EARTHQUAKE No roads, no gas, no electric - there goes your "bug out" plan, if you needed to drive 5 hours, Now you can walk it in a month?

Smart man RayB,

If say 3/4 of the world's (that's right WORLD'S) population is dead, then those left alive need to ban together and build on their strengths. Rebuild, not continue to kill because someone wants what you have and vise versa. Food, shelter, medicine, PURIFIED water, security.... One person can't do it alone, not for long..

Butthe Preppers, typically, plan on ONE scenation, like a bug out location due to some event. OK, so EARTHQUAKE No roads, no gas, no electric - there goes your "bug out" plan, if you needed to drive 5 hours, Now you can walk it in a month?

That's the idea. I'm the green thumb of our group. And yes, I know I'm likely going to have to walk to get where I'm going. Our first stop is about a 12-day walk if the going is rough, and half that if things go smoothly. I'd much rather already live way past where my first stop is, but our circumstance won't presently permit it (not job-related, the missus already works 100% remote, and I could if I wanted).

The goal is to avoid shooting as much as is possible. The more of that goes on, the odds of our group shrinking dramatically increase. I've already had a chat with the group about wasting money on pistol ammo. If it comes down to close range work, and it happens more than once or twice, odds of living decrease rather precipitously. The only justification for lots of pistol ammo is as currency.

If you have anything that is more than you can use in a day, you are a prepper.
It's just a matter of degree.

Also anyone that references you as a hoarder means they want your stuff.

I call it pre-stocking.

DB375

Yeah, booze, DRUGS , caffeine and nicotine. Read One Second After - about an EMP strike. Great read.

As far as guns and ammo, how many guns can you carry and how much ammo? Also, what about resupply.

BAck when 22LR was so hard to get, people were convinced ammo would be currency.
My days aren't over yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,