Prayers for Mark

All the best my friend and hopefully a speedy recovery.
 
Prayer’s sent!
 
Am just reading this now, sorry to hear of the problems Mark.

Hoping for you to have a swift and full recovery.
 
Get well soon Mark l’ll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Had some minor procedures done where you are. If you’re dealing with Dr McKnight he’s one of the best.
 
Heal up quick Mark! We’ve got some brandy and coke drinking to do in a few weeks!
 
Thank you all for the prayers and support. Prayers do work.

Here is a condensed version of what has happened. I went in last Thursday for colon. surgery, severe diverticulitis. They removed the entire Sigmoid Colon section.
Friday and Saturday normal recovery
Sunday started feeling bad. Light fever and chills. I was on a liquid diet. So only beef broth water and juices. About 4 o'clock started vomiting and nausea.
X-rays and Ct done. Colon had stopped working. Food just sitting in stomach and colon appear empty. Nasal tubed at 8 pm.
It's now 3:30 am. 6 liters of bile pumped out.

Now waiting for Dr make rounds in morning. See what is next. Can't sleep with all these tubes. So wanted update you all.

Guys I have been thru a lot of surgery's. But nothing this painful or scary.



Thanks for all the support.
What a horrible experience. I am hoping you make a speedy recovery. Take care and take it slow.
 
Hope you recover soon mate, all the best.
 
Have a speedy and full recovery @Mark Biggerstaff ! You have plenty more safaris to be going on!
 
Heal up quick Mark! We’ve got some brandy and coke drinking to do in a few weeks!

I can't guarantee I will be able to drink and eat certain things by then, but I am still planning on making DSC, AH Dinner and Bos en Dal get together, one way or another!!.
 
Thank you all for all the thoughts and prayers, texts, and phone calls.
Today is a much better day.
I am stronger feeling. I am still on what is termed NPO. No fluids of any kind. My last drink of water was Sunday at 5:00 am.
I still have NG tube in draining stomach fluids. Small steps one day at a time for healing now.
Thank you all.
 
I had a nice phone call with Mark.
He is in good spirits and appreciated my call.
Hint, hint...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,275
Messages
1,571,338
Members
169,339
Latest member
MartinaHew
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top