Powder Hoarders Club

yup would be interesting trying to explain that one :think::shocked: "never seen it before" :puppydogeyes: i was actually thinking of the bits that come out of the barrel or can you get them in the ammo desert of the usa?

Spotty availability throughout North America at the moment.

So when is enough, enough? :) :)

So when is enough, enough? :) :)

When I can go to any store and find what I want on each shelf and not have to wait ten months to reload ammunition.

When I can go to any store and find what I want on each shelf and not have to wait ten months to reload ammunition.

^^^^^^ this exactly.

i can say here in iowa it is getting better, i can get primers locally pretty much any time bullets are so so as is powder.

The other thing to remember is consistency. Powder varies some from lot to lot. Makes sense to buy enough for the life of the barrel if you can. Doesn't apply to you guys that don't shoot over 300 yards. If you are long range shooting every time you you get a new lot you have to at least recheck your data. Especially when you get over 600 yards. Bruce

Just bought another 1000 primers all Rifle,,,winter in Minnesota has to end one of these Years

Just bought another 1000 primers all Rifle,,,winter in Minnesota has to end one of these Years

I'll raise you a 1000 and I am headed out tomorrow. (Managed to acquire the last two thousand)
Since I'm hoarding anyway.

I can not wait for the end of winter to start shooting or I will never shoot my rifle again.

I'll raise you a 1000 and I am headed out tomorrow. (Managed to acquire the last two thousand)
Since I'm hoarding anyway.

I can not wait for the end of winter to start shooting or I will never shoot my rifle again.

I hear you there, i need some range therapy.

taking my better half out tomorrow so she can shoot her new 357 mag taurus. too cold to finish my load work ups for my rifles coming to africa with me but a little hand gun practice will work for now.

I have 83 once fired 375HH Brass coming from Wisconsin about .30 a case should be enough for a while,,on the prowl some 225-235 Rounds

Too bad you're not closer! 375 I have but I'm "Jonesin" for Federal 215's and arget as well as 4198
I know Sierra makes a 200 for a 375 winchester never heard of 215s is 4198 a powder number?

Too bad you're not closer! 375 I have but I'm "Jonesin" for Federal 215's and arget as well as 4198

I have 5 lbs of h4198 don't know where you are at but i could part with 2 or 3 lbs if you were close. in iowa here.

This is what I like about this forum..
Guys willing to help each other out.
Awesome.

This is what I like about this forum..
Guys willing to help each other out.
Awesome.

That's what separates this site from so many others.

I have 5 lbs of h4198 don't know where you are at but i could part with 2 or 3 lbs if you were close. in iowa here.
I,m good on Powder no shortage here,,just trying to line up equipment for the new caliber,,I bought some used Lee loading Dies and waiting for a 375 Collet for my Puller,,I,m in Minnesota so were allmost Brothers,,,I posted an ad in the want to buy section,,I need a couple empty 375 boxes,,,and yes this is probablly the best site out there ,,,

Rob, This is some misc loaded factory fodder. BUT shipping this stuff into or out of Ak is way to $pendy. The same goes with the generous offer of the 4198 powder. Unless we buy a pallet full and split the shipping costs private importing is too much. We're at the mercy of the retailers for what we manage to get.
It's not like stateside where it's no big deal for 'Big Brown' to deliver. Here it's usually barge or air and the Coast Guard has some strict limits on powder/primer shipments by sea.
That's why I said I wish we were closer.

I,m good on Powder no shortage here,,just trying to line up equipment for the new caliber,,I bought some used Lee loading Dies and waiting for a 375 Collet for my Puller,,I,m in Minnesota so were allmost Brothers,,,I posted an ad in the want to buy section,,I need a couple empty 375 boxes,,,and yes this is probablly the best site out there ,,,

yep we are almost neighbors ;-)

no 375 here yet so i have nothing for one but if i find something i will let you know.

Rob, If you have the shell holder then you can build your own puller with out much fuss that will not damage the bullets. All you need is some rubber bands and a 2' piece of 1X3 hardwood.
Drill a hole a couple of inches from the end that will be a loose fit for the shell/
Put the shell in the holder and put it in the hole of the wood. The shell holder opening needs to be pointed towards the other end of the handle.
Use a couple of rubber bands at the top of the shell holder and the end of the wood by the hole. Tap this over the bench. I use a coffee can padded with rags to catch the bullet and powder. Fur my set up I use my stool to get the can up close to the bullet. This is basicly like the kenitic pullet puller commercially available. BUT this will work for any size of cartridge. Just make a bigger hole in the wood. Some of my shells are too big for the factory made pullers so I 'modified' and came up with this way.

I've tried using the press w/o a die in it and grabbing the bullet with side cutters or pliers than lowering the press ram. It screws up the bullet too much IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maximo5631

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,