AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
DSC applauds the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service announcement regarding a positive enhancement finding for elephants in the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe. The positive enhancement standard is strict, and requires that the Service find "that the [animal] is taken as part of a well-managed conservation program that contributes to the long-term survival of the species."

Because this decision is based on sound scientific data, not on emotion or politics, the role of legal, regulated sport hunting is shown to be vital in the conservation of wildlife worldwide. Additionally, where there is hunting, anti-poaching programs are the strongest.

Increased anti-poaching efforts across Africa - including K-9 units, motorcycle, aircraft patrols and drone use - have been funded by hunter revenue directly or by hunting organizations' grants and programs. For example, DSC Foundation has disbursed considerable funds in the past five years in the fight against poaching - including grants to Zambezi Delta Safaris, needed equipment for patrols, training for game scouts at the Southern Africa Wildlife College and others.

DSC Executive Director Corey Mason said, "It is gratifying that the Dept. of Interior and U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service are taking bold steps for wildlife conservation. When hunter dollars flow into local economies, wildlife retains value - poaching goes down as well as retaliatory killings of nuisance wildlife. Additionally, this finding will allow hunters to import legally taken trophies again."

Mason said, "This great news from Washington, D.C. follows a similar enhancement finding for lion recently. It is clear that Secretary Zinke, USFWS Deputy Director Greg Sheehan and the current Administration are pro-conservation."

"Hunting is indeed a vital component in the equation of science, policy and common sense that creates the best possible scenario for wildlife, and this administration completely understands that connection," said DSC President Craig Nyhus.

Nyhus added, "DSC remains committed to its mission to promote conservation, to educate the public on the benefits of hunting, and to advocate for hunters worldwide. We will continue to work with our government officials to see that hunter-generated revenue supports conservation, and to open up communication for international governments to incorporate these principles into their management plans."

Source: Dallas Safari Club (DSC)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CristinaWh

Latest profile posts

pam308 wrote on TOBY458's profile.
Just saw your listing for a winchester 70 458. Is it still for sale? I want it!!! pam308
flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?