Poor eyesight (well, heading that way) and open sights

I was complaining about my 75 year old eyes when using open sights. The gun shop owner suggested lazer surgery. Says it fixed his. This is a bit tongue-in-cheek but you only live once.

I think he meant cataract surgery which sometimes is done with laser. You still have to aspirate the cataract though whether the incision is by a blade or by laser. I am an ophthalmologist and had my cataracts removed last year at 68.

Last month went to Kalahari and it was fantastic. Just used Ray-ban sunglasses for hunting. Kept the progressive reading glasses in the ammo container. I have a Minox 1-6X Scope with illuminated reticle on my Mauser 98 in .416 Rigby. No problems.

FYI: Chapuis puts a removable piece of rib on its doubles. Two screws and it comes off. Makes mounting a RMR really easy. The Trijicon RMR on my Chapuis double sits right on top of the rib, exactly where it should be and the red dot is about where you would be looking at iron sights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross