Poly Choke?

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
1,126
Reaction score
1,917
Location
Louisiana
Media
130
Articles
1
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
Is anybody out there doing installations of these? 12ga Vented Model[emoji1783]
 
They went the way of the dinosaur‘s when choke tubes came out. I don’t think I’ve seen a new install in over 20 years. One outfit you might check with is the smith in KC who did all the factory custom work for Winchester on the model 12s. Can’t think of their name right now but a Google search should turn it up.
 
If your gun is threaded for a choke there is a selection of adjustable chokes about that just thread in, if you mean the older solder on type I'm not sure on new ones but most likely about or you may need to ask at almost any Gunsmith if he has a take off one.

I have a very short shotgun (barrel blow out) & I want to fit a Poly Choke (solder on model) as it is very expensive if you can find any body to thread the barrel here in NZ but I notice in the US it is common practice ?

TruGlo is one of the screw in type.

Truglo Choke.jpg
 
This one guy had a poly choke on a dove hunt. Every time he'd shoot we'd all yell "God Bless You!" because it sounded like a sneeze from a distance. Don't recall it helping him a great deal.
 
This one guy had a poly choke on a dove hunt. Every time he'd shoot we'd all yell "God Bless You!" because it sounded like a sneeze from a distance. Don't recall it helping him a great deal.
so it silenced it? how could that be duplicated
 
Looks like there was a Poly-Choke II out until recently as well.

poly-chokeII.jpg
 
Personally, if I had a gun that I needed to hang something that big off the end of the barrel, I’d install a Cutts not a poly choke. There are circumstances where this makes sense. I have an original M42 skeet gun with a factory installed Cutts. The balance of that little gun actually is enhanced with some additional weight forward.
 
I got a barrel with PolyChoke attached for TLMrs' Model 50 20ga, because she was frustrated by the full choke it came with. It is not beautiful, I should get it cut off and threaded for choke tubes.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.52 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 265
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.54 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 213
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.15.59 AM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.16.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 11.16.02 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 245

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,765
Members
169,615
Latest member
EnidBennel
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top