Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Post 64

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Pre FN CRF (model 70 classic)

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • FN CRF

Votes: 22 32.8%

• Total voters
My model 70 classic is the most accurate rifle I have shooting under 1/2 inch at 100 yards with simple reloads
IMG_0863.JPG
IMG_0703.JPG

The Model 70 has always been "the" gun for me.
I have an 30-06 featherweight.
I had a pre-64 .300 that I sold years ago, and every time I see one sell I cry a little. I thought I got an insane price for mine, but they've tripled and quadrupled since then.
Grandpa had one in a 25-06, .243, 30-06 and few other calibers too probably. He was constantly buying and selling guns.

The Model 70 has always been "the" gun for me.
I have an 30-06 featherweight.
I had a pre-64 .300 that I sold years ago, and every time I see one sell I cry a little. I thought I got an insane price for mine, but they've tripled and quadrupled since then.
Grandpa had one in a 25-06, .243, 30-06 and few other calibers too probably. He was constantly buying and selling guns.
I did not know they made anything but pre 64!! Bought my first one 50 years ago and headed to Alaska. Then a 270 FW, and a 300 H&H. Dad had several we divided up and I got standard 270 and a 257 Roberts. So fortunate. Thats all I know-pre 64 is tops.

I can’t really say that I don’t like the other models, but I have 7 (?…let me count) of the “Classics” from New Haven. Of those, my favorites are the Classic Stainless, of which I have four.

I had a 7mm-08 BACO, which left me a little cold. Sold it because I had a 7mm-08 Classic Compact and decided that I didn’t need the BACO.

My most recent is a Safari Express in 416 Rem Mag - haven’t shot that one yet. I would still like an Alaskan in 375 H&H - especially in Stainless, if they made them.

Custom African Express would be my “dream” rifle, other than some kind of a double anyway. I have considered having my Safari express restocked with a drop magazine to kind of duplicate the African Express. Don’t really care about leaf sights on a 416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChanceSkin

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!