Politics

A question for folks in the south. I read an article that a Libertarian from GA could affect the Warnock/Walker race. I did not previously know that. What's the mood down there? This is just my opinion (and I admit I haven't studied it super close): I don't think Walker is navigating things near as well as he did defensive players on the field. It feels to me like his campaign could have been handled better. Forgive the pun, but I could see a fumble at the goal line. I hope I am wrong.

No need to overcomplicate this senate race in GA...

It's a pretty simple decision for Georgians.. Both Warnock and Walker will vote along party lines PERIOD! Walker's lack of political experience or level of sophistication is completely irrelevant to how he will vote in the Senate. Georgia doesn't need to run a brain surgeon. They need to run a candidate that will vote for an "America First" agenda.. Walker is quite capable of doing that and that alone is more than enough...

If the people of Georgia want this shit-show that they created in the first place to continue they vote for Warnock.. If not, they have a clear choice with Walker to stop the insanity. If they vote for a third-party candidate they are idiots! Bottom line is that Georgia republicans and independents need to get out and vote republican.. In 2020 they did not, and it hurt the country irrevocably.

One needs to recall that Tolkien was not just an Ivory Tower academic. He lived, fought, and watched his son fight through very dark times. Yet, this is the theme of his writings.

No need to overcomplicate this senate race in GA...

It's a pretty simple decision for Georgians.. Both Warnock and Walker will vote along party lines PERIOD! Walker's lack of political experience or level of sophistication is completely irrelevant to how he will vote in the Senate. Georgia doesn't need to run a brain surgeon. They need to run a candidate that will vote for an "America First" agenda.. Walker is quite capable of doing that and that alone is more than enough...

If the people of Georgia want this shit-show that they created in the first place to continue they vote for Warnock.. If not, they have a clear choice with Walker to stop the insanity. If they vote for a third-party candidate they are idiots! Bottom line is that Georgia republicans and independents need to get out and vote republican.. In 2020 they did not, and it hurt the country irrevocably.
I totally agree with you, and I live in Georgia.

1665963083299.png

Well, Abrams is really short, so if the jackets are of like size, she'd seem to have the advantage. :p

You've got that right. The coattail ain't long but it sure is wide!

imrs.jpeg

1665969246137.png

1665971973247.png

JP Morgan cancels Kanye West and says take your business somewhere else.

Kanye wears a Bitcoin hat. :ROFLMAO:

1665972803008.png

1665978564293.png

1665978761995.png

I recall reading that Gerald Ford played on Michigan's Offensive Line- possibly one of the MI residents can confirm that information.
Yes, Pres. Ford played center at Michigan. I was 10 years old when he became president. I’ve always thought he did a good job given the situation he had to work with.

No, I am not from Michigan but even then I thought it was cool that the president played on the O-line like me.:)

One needs to recall that Tolkien was not just an Ivory Tower academic. He lived, fought, and watched his son fight through very dark times. Yet, this is the theme of his writings.
Yes, Tolkien was a visionary whose work is like a complex series of metaphors that keep playing out over and over.

Yes, Pres. Ford played center at Michigan. I was 10 years old when he became president. I’ve always thought he did a good job given the situation he had to work with.

No, I am not from Michigan but even then I thought it was cool that the president played on the O-line like me.:)
I remember reading a quote from a retired Michigan coach or AD when Ford became president. The quote was very tongue in cheek, "Ford is the first Offensive lineman from Michigan to become President of the US."

Exxon's Russian oil output collapsed after rejecting local tanker insurance - sources​

Exxon's Russian oil output collapsed after rejecting local tanker insurance - sources​

Let’s see how they do when all the American and Canadian operations personnel are pulled out. I knew a number of guys who took gigs there. Tough spot, you’ve got to know what you’re doing.

Ok, now we are back to normal, I have been trying to keep up with the Ukraine-Russia situation on ISW, and it looks like a bit of a stalemate. Is it likely that Ukraine can gain the initiative again? @Red Leg what is your take please?
Also, there are a few rumblings from Russia about talks, is this serious?
I don’t know of any serious military analyst who believes Ukraine has lost the initiative. Indeed, except for periodic Russian missile tantrums (more on that in a moment) they are now totally dictating the pace of events.

The Kharkiv counteroffensive liberated the Kharkiv province and the Ukrainians successfully vaulted the river into Luhansk. In Kherson they have taken back more than half of the right bank formerly occupied by Russia. The next major assault will be at a place and time of their choosing- something the Russians can do nothing to prevent. That is the military definition of having the initiative. I should note they did all this without yet receiving modern main battle tanks or iFVs from the West.

The fall mud season has begun which will slow mechanized operations significantly. I suspect Ukraine will use that period to reconstitute its striking power with highly trained, well equipped units coming out of the training base.

It appears Russia hopes to do the same with an untrained, poorly organized mobilized mob operating fifty year old tanks and an ever shrinking artillery support structure. I rather suspect Ukraine would be thrilled if the Russians attempted to attack with this “army” when the ground freezes.

In any case Ukraine will likely maintain constant offensive pressure on Kherson and Luhansk while allowing newly arriving mobilized units to destroy themselves in attacks against their defensive belts in the Donbas.

Ukraine can exploit interior lines to mass a force anywhere along the line of contact very quickly. With all the Russians other problems, they have to move around the operational area using exterior lines - in most cases doubling or tripling the distance traveled to counter a Ukrainian offensive. I would anticipate Ukraine taking advantage of that mobility and concentration advantage as the ground freezes in a few weeks.

The Russian missile strikes seem remarkably parallel to Hitler’s use of the V1 and V2 in the later stages of WWII. They largely missed any critical allied infrastructure thus having no military utility while reuniting the British people to see the war through to victory. Putin seems to be achieving about the same result.

And ignore the typos. I am on vacation and on my iPhone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdwinaHedr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you