Politics

As Barak said "words matter". What he didn't say, but is implicit is that "silence when there should be sensible words also matters". The world has been quiet, a few low grade inaccurate missiles in Iraq. Just now something will happen that needs a point decision and it wont be made. This old man becomes more of a liability daily.
My guess is he's got Obama on speed dial.

Biden just another old fool over 70 who doesn't know when to quit. We had a bunch of them in my neighborhood.
Hey, I represent that statement.
e-big-grin.gif
e-big-grin.gif

Biden just another old fool over 70 who doesn't know when to quit.

Age is not the main factor. Just like wine and cheese, some people age gracefully and retain their mental faculties to the end even if their body gives out. Others have bodies that seem to keep going but their mind has gone. I have a friend that is 94 and he still lives by himself, his wife passed away a few years ago. He drives to the store, was active socially prior to the lockdown and anticipates the day when he can get back to being with people. He is maintaining both mind and body. Sadly, others such as Biden appear to be losing their mental faculties at a rapid rate. Not all wine and cheese age well; some just turn to vinegar or get moldy.

I don't know, that Under on the 90 days may not be too far off. I suppose for appearances they'll just keep him out of sight and let Jill and Horrible direct the country.

A while back, just after the election, there was some discussion on here about "Red" States banding together to oppose the "Blue" wave. Here is a link to an article from the Washington Post that touches on the fact that Texas is Red by the skin of its teeth and is changing rapidly and also touches on the recent freeze that we had and the lifting of the mask mandate by Governor Abbot. Williamson county is where I live and I can attest that this article, for the most part is accurate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...80df60-77a4-11eb-a7be-30ae6405e4b1_story.html

A while back, just after the election, there was some discussion on here about "Red" States banding together to oppose the "Blue" wave. Here is a link to an article from the Washington Post that touches on the fact that Texas is Red by the skin of its teeth and is changing rapidly and also touches on the recent freeze that we had and the lifting of the mask mandate by Governor Abbot. Williamson county is where I live and I can attest that this article, for the most part is accurate.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...80df60-77a4-11eb-a7be-30ae6405e4b1_story.html
You and I will have to agree to disagree. This is one of the typically arrogant and slanted articles one can regularly read about Texas written from one of the nation's liberal enclaves. It is especially typical of the Brahman attitude of the Post as they look down their collective effete noses at the great unwashed occupying the South and Southwest. Strange how so many from the West coast and Northeast seemed determined to leave progressive Nirvana for our backward uneducated and unenlightened borders.

That said, the demographics are indeed changing. An unlike refugees from failed regimes like Cuba and Vietnam, the refugees from Cali seem determined to bring their corrupt politics with them.

Last edited:
Years ago I said that Oregon should install a tall chain-link fence on the California border. They didn't heed my advice and look what happened not only to Oregon but also to Washington State. I'd say Texas should put up a fence, connecting the one that should be on the border with Mexico, that would run up to Oklahoma. Not sure what to do about the New Yorkers as there are several Red states for them to adjust the route.

A relative lives in south Florida and says the California tags are showing up more and more.

A relative lives in south Florida and says the California tags are showing up more and more.

The problem there is that they bring their politics with them and start voting the same way that they did in California. I watched it happen here in Colorado. They all showed up complaining at how bad the politicians were in California only to vote the same type into office here in Colorado. They claim that Colorado is a purple state, I'll say that it is a lot closer to just blue than purple.

You and I will have to agree to disagree. This is one of the typically arrogant and slanted articles one can regularly read about Texas written from one of the nation's liberal enclaves. It is especially typical of the Brahman attitude of the Post as they look down their collective effete noses at the great unwashed occupying the South and Southwest. Strange how so many from the West coast and Northeast seemed determined to leave progressive Nirvana for our backward uneducated and unenlightened borders.

That said, the demographics are indeed changing. An unlike refugees from failed regimes like Cuba and Vietnam, the refugees from Cali seem determined to bring their corrupt politics with them.
I actually don't think we disagree at all. The tone of the article is all you say. Typical of the way the South in general and Texas in particular is portrayed. My comment on accuracy was on the way the demographics are changing and the statistics on the power and water outages. I don't agree with their conclusion as to why it happened or what should be done to prevent future occurances. When we moved to this area Round Rock had a population of 4,900. I have seen the changes and I pretty much don't like the direction its going.

It’s only a matter of time for TX and FL. It already happened in Colorado. Not long ago, we had two Republican US Senators and most of our US Reps were also Republican. The California folks are driven out by their own longtime liberal policies on everything from business to regulations to the environment but they don’t see how it affects their day to day living costs until it’s too late and they decide to move to save money. For some reason, they just can’t fathom how their “do gooder” beliefs and policies start the cycle all over again where they currently live. They live in a twisted reality dreamland of their own making but can’t see it. They think their way of thinking is normal so that when things get too expensive and the society around them starts to crumble, they blame others when in actuality it was their own bad decisions earlier on that are the cause. Since they can’t see it, they are doomed to repeat.

I hate to say it but with the move towards more people working from home, the blue state to red state emigration is only going to get worse.

It’s only a matter of time for TX and FL. It already happened in Colorado. Not long ago, we had two Republican US Senators and most of our US Reps were also Republican. The California folks are driven out by their own longtime liberal policies on everything from business to regulations to the environment but they don’t see how it affects their day to day living costs until it’s too late and they decide to move to save money. For some reason, they just can’t fathom how their “do gooder” beliefs and policies start the cycle all over again where they currently live. They live in a twisted reality dreamland of their own making but can’t see it. They think their way of thinking is normal so that when things get too expensive and the society around them starts to crumble, they blame others when in actuality it was their own bad decisions earlier on that are the cause. Since they can’t see it, they are doomed to repeat.
It's not just Californians. In North Carolina you would just replace Californian with either New Yorker or New Jerseyite. They have changed the state into a purple state. There is hardly a Democrat left in the General Assembly that backs gun rights as a result. There used to be more than a handful but then they either retired or got beat in the primaries by a lefty.

It's not just Californians. In North Carolina you would just replace Californian with either New Yorker or New Jerseyite. They have changed the state into a purple state. There is hardly a Democrat left in the General Assembly that backs gun rights as a result. There used to be more than a handful but then they either retired or got beat in the primaries by a lefty.
Yes, agreed!

Florida really shouldn't be considered a swing state. It, Ohio, Iowa are pretty locked in Red. North Carolina, Texas and maybe Montana might flip blue, not sure what is going to swing Red.

A lot social clubs have joining fees. Maybe Texas etc could incorporate the idea on a grand scale. Say $10 million residency fee for anyone without a local birth certificate. Should resolve the problem, especially if you make it retrospective for the last 10 years.:LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg