Politics

I believe it, I never understood why some people think that just because a person is a (insert military/LEO) that they are competent with various weapons.

From a hunting/shooting standpoint I can honestly say that the worst firearm handling I’ve seen in the field were from military/LEO people.
During my 25 year LE career in CA working with 1700-1800 sworn deputies, just off the top of my head, one shot himself through the calf while holstering his duty pistol and at least a dozen negligence discharges by other deputies involving property damage at worst thankfully.

Regarding the dumbfuckery negligence by civilians involving firearms, discounting homicides, robberies, ADW, etc. that were dispatched calls for service, well that would be impossible to count.

I think whenever humans are handling weapons there is always the possibility of negligence including law enforcement and military personnel, who typically handle weapons more often and under much more stressful situations than civilians.

Without knowing the background, firearms knowledge and training of these individuals mentioned it’s hard to make an assessment. I’m simply watchful around anyone I’m not familiar with during their handling of a firearm and do not take it for granted that they know how to handle their weapon safely at all times.
 
Last edited:
I believe it, I never understood why some people think that just because a person is a (insert military/LEO) that they are competent with various weapons.
POST firearms qualification test is a joke. Here is my CA CCW test target of 120+ rounds with 5 weapons. I was also warned to slow down even though I was shooting only about 2 shots a second. “Mag dump not allowed “

1770119762939.jpeg
 
The U.S. largest bank moved its metals operation to Singapore. Why ?

Also the U.S. just announced a “ Critical Minerals Ministry”

Silver isn’t just a coin. It’s a critical element to future technology and ecosystem.

 
That’s impressive shooting Tanks. Have you used the zipper? Start at the hips and let recoil run your impacts straight up the spine. If the impacts to the hip or spine don’t instantly tip him over. Keep pumping into the chest and ending up at the head.
 
Last edited:
Most people like to believe that certain career fields are naturally competent with firearms. Unfortunately the only people I have ever found to be safe and knowledgeable with firearms are those that own their own guns and either hunt or shoot for sport.

Those that had never fired a gun until they were in military basic training, or attending a police academy were always the WORST. They were under the delusion that because they had attended a formal training regimen of some type, they were forevermore good to go, even though they fired less than 100 rounds, and only handled a gun annually after that.

As a military retiree, I have the highest respect for members of our military and law enforcement, but service is not an indicator of firearms knowledge, or safety.
 
Most people like to believe that certain career fields are naturally competent with firearms. Unfortunately the only people I have ever found to be safe and knowledgeable with firearms are those that own their own guns and either hunt or shoot for sport.

Those that had never fired a gun until they were in military basic training, or attending a police academy were always the WORST. They were under the delusion that because they had attended a formal training regimen of some type, they were forevermore good to go, even though they fired less than 100 rounds, and only handled a gun annually after that.

As a military retiree, I have the highest respect for members of our military and law enforcement, but service is not an indicator of firearms knowledge, or safety.
I've watched many of the real life law enforcement situations on YouTube..... they'll shoot 20-30 rounds sometimes, and maybe hit the criminal once, or not at all. Kinda crazy to think about all that lead flying around the neighborhood.
 
Have to be careful with that one. With some of these posts, we'd end up with a page and a half of "?"
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
 
That’s impressive shooting Tanks. Have you used the zipper? Start at the hips and let recoil run your impacts straight up the spine. If the impacts to the hip or spine don’t instantly tip him over. Keep pumping into the chest and ending up at the head.

Interesting one :D Beers: ....never heard of it or even thought about it....
 
POST firearms qualification test is a joke. Here is my CA CCW test target of 120+ rounds with 5 weapons. I was also warned to slow down even though I was shooting only about 2 shots a second. “Mag dump not allowed “

View attachment 743444
Well, I'm not making you mad any time soon....
 
POST firearms qualification test is a joke. Here is my CA CCW test target of 120+ rounds with 5 weapons. I was also warned to slow down even though I was shooting only about 2 shots a second. “Mag dump not allowed “

View attachment 743444
Your performance was adequate. :)
 
Last edited:
Noem announced that All ICE and Border patrol agents in Minneapolis will now wear bodycams
Bodycam requirements have been one of the best things to happen to LEOs almost everywhere.
 
I've watched many of the real life law enforcement situations on YouTube..... they'll shoot 20-30 rounds sometimes, and maybe hit the criminal once, or not at all. Kinda crazy to think about all that lead flying around the neighborhood.
Well, I guess that makes you a subject matter expert.
 
Bodycam requirements have been one of the best things to happen to LEOs almost everywhere.
Agreed, They have been so effective that many "Social Justice Warriors" are now arguing that body cameras are racist because they are used to clear LEO of wrong doing while also being used as evidence.
 
Nah ... I just won't have worry about getting shot by Police....lol
I'll just pretend I'm the broadside of a barn.
@Brent in Az

Here's a good video for you to watch...... Make sure you pay attention to what the ER doctor's comment is at the end!
 
I am a big fan of Hugh Hewitt. I have assumed, and suggested here a couple of times, that the President would likely pursue a comprehensive immigration solution during the second half of his administration. By that time, the vast majority of illegals with records would be gone and the notion of deporting longtime law abiding residents would lose considerable support however loudly and shrilly Laura Ingraham might demand it.

The new effort by democrats demanding judicial warrants to detain illegals within the country, would at least hamstring emigration enforcement if not effectively open the borders. At the same time, the heavy handed approach by ICE in Minnesota, justified or not, is eroding the President's support on what has been a 70-30 issue. Now might be just the moment to offer something that I suspect he already intends to do.

 
Nah ... I just won't have worry about getting shot by Police....lol
I'll just pretend I'm the broadside of a barn.
Just refrain from dying your hair in a rainbow color and running up to an ICE vehicle yelling profanities while armed with your CCW, think you’ll be okay them :) lol
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,289
Messages
1,570,696
Members
168,968
Latest member
GladisLute
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top