Politics

It's local news to me. I generally have full faith in a jury so I can't judge them. The problematic factor is he stabbed several people. The beneficial factor is he stabbed some disgusting sh&theads and I really wanted to send a message to hostile millennials that we've had enough of their repugnant behavior. The key evidence that I think the whole case hinges upon is how deep was the water he was being shoved into as a deadly weapon? If he felt like he was going to be drowned by unruly thugs, that is the reasonable defense. I think cutting the guts out of one offender was legitimate, doing it again to several others was unnecessary.

You could argue that the rocky bottom (was it? I thought it looked it) was a risk from being knocked down (potential head wound). A friend got killed last year from being punched once, hit the concrete and brain injury.

You and I have similar views about the teens. They’ll probably think they’re heroes now they’ve won. Mind you they probably already did.

I've always wondered about conditions that could cause deportation or loss of citizenship. I completely understand the 1st amendment arguments of free speech, but I also understand speech can invoke consequences.

Why can't a law be passed that is considered a revocation of citizenship? If I go to a consulate and say "I request to revoke my citizenship" that utterance is free speech, but it also revokes my citizenship. Why can't burning a US flag or stating "death to America" also be considered an invocation of renouncement of citizenship? It doesn't imply its a punishment, just a declaration.

Not without the required money.

I have a somewhat different take on the event.

January 6th was a destructive riot. No it wasn't an insurrection, but it was indeed a riot. I think my side of the aisle would do well to recognize that. That riot caused the recess of an official congressional proceeding when Trump supporters violently broke into the building. Others as noted, simply trespassed. But the initial entry was violent. Some people played tourist and others broke into congressional offices and trespassed into Congressional chambers, but all were there illegally. Were someone to trespass this afternoon that person would be arrested.

I prefer to judge actual responsibility. The only person who actually instigated the event was Donald J. Trump. He called for the demonstration and then he called for the demonstrators to march on the capitol. Whether he belatedly said "peacefully" or not is beside the point. He lit the fuse. The only reason hundreds of foolish ignorant followers of his are sitting in jails is because of him. The only reason a young air force veteran is dead is because of him - not mysterious Federal agents, not a security decision by Nancy Pelosi, and not because of some evil mysterious force to paraphrase Alexander Haig.

Not a single person has been charged with insurrection - not even Trump. But it is not "citizenry" to break into or even follow a mob into the Capitol of this country while congress is in session The only reason people like a hair stylist was there is because they believed Trump and the absolute nonsense being hawked by Sydney Powell, Rudy Giuliani, Lin Wood et al amplified by news affiliates like OAN and Newsmax and the rantings of the certifiables manning the internet sites like InfoWars and Afternet.

Were these the actions of the other party acting on the behest of a Democrat president, nine tenths of the respondents on this thread would be outraged. They certainly wouldn't be calling it "citizenry."

@rookhawk You use a hair stylist? :oops:
And damn those bastards at Concord also!!

For the most part I think January 6 sentences were fair. Below are the sentences for most of the "Proud Boys"
View attachment 598951

Now, the following are the sentences of some of the idiots that followed them into the building. Under normal circumstances they most likely would not have been charged similar to other protests that occur at Capitol building. However, this time they got charged due to them being part (however small) of the riots.

View attachment 598952
And yet not one Molotov cocktail fire thrower in the whole kingdom of Chaz can be even identified much less brought to charges? beyond ridiculous.

1712879010796.png

For the most part I think January 6 sentences were fair. Below are the sentences for most of the "Proud Boys"
View attachment 598951

Now, the following are the sentences of some of the idiots that followed them into the building. Under normal circumstances they most likely would not have been charged similar to other protests that occur at Capitol building. However, this time they got charged due to them being part (however small) of the riots.

View attachment 598952

There are a few of them with +10 years of prison time? For rioting, obstruction of official proceedings and damage of government property?

That sounds a bit heavy handed in my opinion… not that they should not receive some kind of sentence, but there are murderers who have gotten away with much less…

There are a few of them with +10 years of prison time? For rioting, obstruction of official proceedings and damage of government property?

That sounds a bit heavy handed in my opinion… not that they should not receive some kind of sentence, but there are murderers who have gotten away with much less…
The one guy from the Proud Boys Enrique Tarrio got 22 years and wasn't even in DC

I am all for protesting. However, I think the line was crossed when the protestors became rioters and entered the Capitol and disrupted the certification of the election results.

Most of those that were convicted were convicted of the charge of obstruction of an official proceeding, and disorderly conduct in a Capitol building.

That is a pretty easy charge to prove just by their presence in the building.

Do you think the people in the picture below felt safe?
View attachment 598947
Well obviously the ones in the masks are well protected....

The really terrible optics around January 6th is that it was SO MUCH LESS VIOLENT than the protests that burned down cities the summer before.

There is just way to big a void in how Conservatives act and are prosecuted vs. how extreme Leftists are... This will eventually reach a point where people have simply had enough and and are pushed much farther over the edge than anything resempling the mostly peaceful protest of January 6th.

I dread that moment......

The people around her were log cabin republicans (gay guys), families playing frisbee, and young guys in Hawaiian shirts playing cornhole (bags).
Ok this is just too much.... Gay guys playing cornhole.... But with their sacks, um bags....

When it comes to J6, the Steele dossier, Collusion, Mar a lago raid, Trump indictments, etc, I have a laundry list of people I want to question.
A water board, pentothal, and other tools of the trade would get me answers I seek.
Under a Banana republic, I would put a whole bunch of people in prison for those answers. Politicians, FBI, Judges, and AG's, would never see the light of day again.
Unfortunately, our current judicial system doesn't allow for statements taken under duress.
Well thank God it does!

You can't be serious that you think such interrogation methods should be ok. That is a path we do NOT need to go down... Are you really that nuts? I hope not, I hope you are joking.

I don't care how conservative you may be. Think before you type. Or sober up.

I completely agree with a lot of your politics, but damn man, stop and think!!!

I've always wondered about conditions that could cause deportation or loss of citizenship. I completely understand the 1st amendment arguments of free speech, but I also understand speech can invoke consequences.

Why can't a law be passed that is considered a revocation of citizenship? If I go to a consulate and say "I request to revoke my citizenship" that utterance is free speech, but it also revokes my citizenship. Why can't burning a US flag or stating "death to America" also be considered an invocation of renouncement of citizenship? It doesn't imply its a punishment, just a declaration.
Ok this is nuts also. You are saying you want to amend or do away with the First Amendment!!! And i suppose you don't think the 2nd would go out with it? Why don't you and @Brent in Az get together and throw out the entire Bill of Rights!!!

I can't believe this is being promoted on AH!

Well thank God it does!

You can't be serious that you think such interrogation methods should be ok. That is a path we do NOT need to go down... Are you really that nuts? I hope not, I hope you are joking.

I don't care how conservative you may be. Think before you type. Or sober up.

I completely agree with a lot of your politics, but damn man, stop and think!!!
The democrats are weaponizing against us, and would do far worse to me if they could. I'd do it without batting an eye.

Don't lecture me.

The democrats are weaponizing against us, and would do far worse to me if they could. I'd do it without batting an eye.

Don't lecture me.
It does not make it right.

Why not just be in the side of what's right without going over the line? Two wrongs do not make a right.

I agree the current Dems in charge are way over the line and need to be brought to justice. But what do we win if it is not done legally or if Conservatives break not only actual laws but go so far as to violate the very basics America has always stood for.

We cannot win justice by committing injustices.

I agree the current Dems in charge are way over the line and need to be brought to justice. But what do we win if it is not done legally or if Conservatives break not only actual laws but go so far as to violate the very basics America has always stood for.

Hence, why I agree with the prosecutions of January 6 rioters. It was a protest off the Federal property and became a riot and a crime once they stepped onto the Capitol grounds to disrupt the Congress.

Those on the right always give speeches about "personal responsibility" for one's actions. Well, those that got tried and convicted (or admitted guilt) are paying for their actions on that day that is a stain on our democracy.

As others have stated the real blame lies with Trump for not accepting the results of the election and inciting his followers to march to the capitol and not taking action for hours when the riots started.

It does not make it right.

Why not just be in the side of what's right without going over the line? Two wrongs do not make a right.

Ever heard of the CIA, and all the dirty shit they've done to people under the guise of national security?

Have you noticed the escalating police state we are living in?

The FBI, in full tactical gear carrying automatic weapons, raided the home of an ex president for boxes of files. That's just a taste of what these tyrants will do when they become unopposed.

Democrats are controlling this country and it's opposition by injustice Republicans are spineless. Nothing will ever happen to the Dems or deep state goons. They are far roo entrenched into the bowels of system.

So I see three guys on here that would burn anyone as a witch that defends Trump.
I see 4-5 that would take the burning to defend him and wear their martyrdom proudly.
And the rest of us are shaking our heads and saying "Is the kool-aid really that good?"

Oh dear. New marching orders from team Trump concerning Marjorie Taylor Greene's attack on House Speaker Mike Johnson.

It is an article length attachment so I will cut to the chase and paste the statements coming from Mar Largo yesterday. What is a fervent Trump loyalist supposed to do?

“One hundred percent distraction. Unwanted. And just stupid,” one Trump insider said Wednesday night. “We’re not going to get trapped into this cycle of bullshit that comes out of members of the House.”

“It’s fair to say we don’t think she’s being constructive,” another person close with Trump said about Greene. “The internal fighting is not appreciated by [Trump].” that person added: “It’s no way to run a party; it’s no way to run a House. You can’t work in that environment.”

By the way, and as I have noted here several times, I agree with team Trump with respect to MTG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William_Sewell

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob