Politics

Yep, just bury the crap and stay out of sight out of mind green I guess. The reality is those damn things are basically a polymer with carbon fiber matrix. Some even contain nano carbon fiber- a potentially worse form with still unknown environmental effects. Nano carbon can easily be incorporated within living systems. That crap has a half-life of who knows how many kazillion years and is friable (breakable) so it can easily migrate through systems with unknown long term health risk. Kind of like asbestos on steroids. Last year I asked an individual, fairly high up in a Japanese company that uses wind turbine technology, the question about recycling the out-of-date (fatigue lifespan) parts. That person said directly to me, "there is no current technology to handle the used wind turbine waste." That rep said the best they can do currently is bind it up in something like a solid polymer block so it can't escape, or I assume, bury it. And it's not just the polymer/carbon fiber wind turbine waste but other applications that are seemingly being used everywhere with that use growing in scope. Currently I think the wind turbine waste accounts for the largest concentrated waste quantity. Unknown overall though.

Yep, just bury the crap and stay out of sight out of mind green I guess. The reality is those damn things are basically a polymer with carbon fiber matrix. Some even contain nano carbon fiber- a potentially worse form with still unknown environmental effects. Nano carbon can easily be incorporated within living systems. That crap has a half-life of who knows how many kazillion years and is friable (breakable) so it can easily migrate through systems with unknown long term health risk. Kind of like asbestos on steroids. Last year I asked an individual, fairly high up in a Japanese company that uses wind turbine technology, the question about recycling the out-of-date (fatigue lifespan) parts. That person said directly to me, "there is no current technology to handle the used wind turbine waste." That rep said the best they can do currently is bind it up in something like a solid polymer block so it can't escape, or I assume, bury it. And it's not just the polymer/carbon fiber wind turbine waste but other applications that are seemingly being used everywhere with that use growing in scope. Currently I think the wind turbine waste accounts for the largest concentrated waste quantity. Unknown overall though.
"...bind it up in something like a solid polymer block so it can't escape..."

They'll just call that "carbon capture" and give themselves another atta-boy and a gold star sticker for for their lunch boxes.

Why....can't they be recycled or ?....

No, they currently cannot. They are made of a mix of materials that do not allow themselves to be decomposed into their base materials.

These turbine blades and old solar panels even more, are truly the asbestos of the future.

Solar panels, even when still in operation, leak heavy metals each year. According to a German study I once found but cannot find again multiple dozens of tons of heavy metals leak into German soil every year.

Which is why big solar parks are often built on already contaminated terrain. Leaving it even worse off after they quit operation.

No, they currently cannot. They are made of a mix of materials that do not allow themselves to be decomposed into their base materials.

These turbine blades and old solar panels even more, are truly the asbestos of the future.

Solar panels, even when still in operation, leak heavy metals each year. According to a German study I once found but cannot find again multiple dozens of tons of heavy metals leak into German soil every year.

Which is why big solar parks are often built on already contaminated terrain. Leaving it even worse off after they quit operation.

This one from 2020...

Fk me....:E Shocked:

It’s way too early to tell. I actually liked the comments made by Desantis.
If memory serves….in March of 2015, Hillary was polling far ahead of any Republican. Early polls are fairly meaningless. That said, Desantis is far ahead of any other Republican. It’s looking like a 2 man race.

If memory serves….in March of 2015, Hillary was polling far ahead of any Republican. Early polls are fairly meaningless. That said, Desantis is far ahead of any other Republican. It’s looking like a 2 man race.

Was that the day she ordered fireworks and a barge for her victory celebration. :ROFLMAO:

The “mainstream “ media is trying to push Trump as the Republican nominee already and trying to wound Desantis and discourage Republicans from voting for Desantis because they know Desantis can beat Biden. The media did the same thing in 2015 by giving Trump a lot more coverage than the other Republican primary candidates, many who were much more qualified than Trump. Trump sucked up all the oxygen in the room thanks to the media’s obsession with him. Problem was, HC was so unliked that Trump won anyway.

If republicans don’t get off their butts and get something comparable to the dems ground game and address all the individual states election rules changes that the democrats got in for their benefit it won’t matter who runs, they’ll lose. Dumbass Democrats and do nothing Republicans. I fear we’re so far past screwed that we can’t even see it from here anymore.
Democrats will vote unanimously for an old, corrupt, dementia ridden pedophile. Republicans wouldn’t unite behind Christ himself.

If republicans don’t get off their butts and get something comparable to the dems ground game and address all the individual states election rules changes that the democrats got in for their benefit it won’t matter who runs, they’ll lose. Dumbass Democrats and do nothing Republicans. I fear we’re so far past screwed that we can’t even see it from here anymore.
Democrats will vote unanimously for an old, corrupt, dementia ridden pedophile. Republicans wouldn’t unite behind Christ himself.
The Republican ground game sucks, but that’s also because the Republican primary is real, while the democrat has already been picked from the beginning. I really think Desantis has it in him to win but he’s scared to run against trump and squander his shot.

and that’s the one thing that sours me about desantis. His hesitancy tells me he’s more concerned with becoming president than he is with actually defending Republican values. I’ve been mostly involved in politics at a local level, but the best people I’ve seen in office are the ones who cared about their beliefs more than themselves. I don’t see that from either Trump or Desantis.

Last edited:
After his comments about Ukraine not being a US priority, I switched from DeSantis - Haley to Haley - DeSantis. Maybe he needs more seasoning. And a sense of humor.
Ukraine isn’t a priority. I’m still flabbergasted that we’ve sent so much money to a dinky little corrupt former combloc nation that’s not even a member of NATO.

337145976_760123515727038_1844584083447073677_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briansmith4631

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois