Politics

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Longwalker, Jul 27, 2018.

1. sgt_zim

sgt_zim AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
    Hunted:
    Texas, Louisiana
    and yet CO2 concentrations during the Jurassic were 5X higher than they are today.

be careful of government agencies and NGOs who publish such misleading graphs as the one you copied from NOAA. That entire period, except for the last 10,000 years or so, was during the last Great Ice Age (the Pleistocene), which started about 2.5 million years ago and ended relatively recently

I recall early January of 2017, might even have been New Year's Day edition of the New York Slimes talking about how 2016 was the 'warmest year on record.' What they failed to tell their readers was that 2016 was warmer than 2015 by 0.1º, when the margin of error was +/- 0.5º. IOW, the guy who wrote that article is either a moron or a liar. But it was in the NYT, so it *must* be true.

I still remember reading at wikileaks the emails hacked from the mail servers at University of East Anglia (the center of climate change "research" ) back in 2010 or so. It couldn't be clearer from those emails that their MO was to lie, lie, lie, and actively suppress any research which contradicted their lies.

GL1960, Hogpatrol and jeanes like this.

2. Jeff Schaeffer

Jeff Schaeffer AH Veteran

Video/Photo:
    At this point in time to deny climate change is a form of willful ignorance. There were no humans and coastal cities during the Jurassic. We are dumping CO2 into the environment at an unprecedented rate, and the chemical signature of that CO2 indicates it is from burning fossil fuels. What matters is not a single year (weather), but the pattern of ever more frequent warm years with a higher frequency of extreme events (climate). Wikileaks? Look at the thousands of journal articles and presentations by scientists at conferences. You know, 10 years ago, most of the talks at those venues were about discoveries of evidence for climate change in the data. Since then, most of the talks have switched over so that the focus is now on how to adapt to changes by altering management strategies. This is especially true and fisheries and wildlife conferences. The idea that this is some sort of conspiracy is sort of ludicrous; it is rather a consensus based on thousands of studies by independent scientists. The thing about science is that it is true whether you believe it or not. if you want to claim that climate change is a giant hoax or conspiracy, show me your data. Our data are available in just about any scientific journal you care to read.

curtism1234, Saul, Foxi and 4 others like this.

3. WAB

WAB AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
    I think that the thing that irritates me the most about the climate change debate has been the lack of openness to a healthy challenge process or a true desire to seek the truth. It seems that proponents attempt only to prove their theory, never to disprove it, and anyone who wants to challenge their theories is demonized, shouted down or mocked. This is not scientific rigor, this is a bully pulpit. The scientific community has advanced for centuries on a set of collegial practices that allow for an open exchange of ideas and a healthy challenge process. This has all been thrown out the window with the advancement of climate change theories. Jeff, I’m sorry, but your note is a great example. If I don’t agree with you I’m labeled an idiot, not listened to to see if I may have a alternate view of merit. I have no time for this type of behavior or discussion, regardless of the validity of your theory, or lack thereof, this is bad scientific practice.

GL1960, tarbe and farrokhrt like this.

4. Red Leg

Red Leg AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
    Hunted:
    Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
    G A L I L E O

GL1960, farrokhrt, WAB and 1 other person like this.

5. sgt_zim

sgt_zim AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Houston Safari Club Foundation, NWTF
    Hunted:
    Texas, Louisiana
    the contrary evidence has been suppressed, the publishers of scientific journals bullied into not publishing it. *the evidence they're lying is in the emails*. the truth doesn't require your belief. the proponents of climate change have been "massaging" the data for a couple decades.

the point of the reference to the NYT article was an absolute demonstration of the mendacity of those who are pushing this. they're lying. we know they're lying. it makes *everything* they say suspect.

GL1960, farrokhrt and Red Leg like this.

6. wesheltonj

wesheltonj AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    In my role as a "gatekeeper" I have found that the majority of "peer-reviewed" journals are even worth the cost of printing.

GL1960 and Foxi like this.

7. JPbowhunter

JPbowhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    I work in water resources in this part of the country. We have no stake in the climate debate directly we just operate with the resource as it is at any point in time.

This graph shows the historical annual inflows to our storages from 1900-now.

The red line is an average across the whole period. Green is from 1975-now and orange is average post 2000. We have averaged under half the historical average over the last 20 odd years.

Coupled with less rain we have higher average temps. Just about every year is a new heat record in this country.

My job is not to censor or suppress facts. My job is to collate data and present it as accurately as I can for local, state and federal stakeholders. 20190513_142417.jpeg

David AK 53, Saul, Foxi and 1 other person like this.

8. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    Then the remaining 10% must make the decisions for the society and not the previous elite which only consists of 2% of the population.
    The social upheavals caused by destabilized states, poverty, overpopulation and migration are felt by everyone who keeps their eyes open.
    Mastering everyday life also means not being constantly sold out by politics and the media as stupid.

@JPbowhunter
    a friend works at a reinsurance ,Münchner Rück, the insurance company that paid for much of the cost of the earthquake in San Francisco, over a hundred years ago.
    His work consists of noting and evaluating every grain of rice that falls in china and elsewhere.
    They come to the same result as you, only in much more areas because they have the world in mind. They insure less and less objects because the earth warming, pushes the risks too high.
    This trend grows since 30 years extremly.
    Munich Re ,the company is made up of scientists and merchants, not ideologues.

Last edited: May 13, 2019

9. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    What are you trying to tell us?
    That you also submit to the Pope in Rome, because he threatens with Inquistion :(??
    images.jpg

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    David AK 53 likes this.

10. Royal27

Royal27 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GA, ID. Africa - Zimbabwe and South Africa (Limpopo and EC)
    Six months later and things are beginning to be made clear. Issues with Huawei may just not have been "trumped" up after all.

Keep your eyes on this one folks! It's gonna be fun to watch.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...nd-thought-maybe-huawei-is-a-risk-to-britain/

IdaRam likes this.

11. Wheels

Wheels AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe

With the news that has come out in the last couple of months, it looks like Huawei may be a much bigger monster than I first realized when the CFO was arrested.

Royal27 likes this.

12. Royal27

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    And for everything we know about them think about how big the iceberg under the surface is. :A Banana Sad:

Wheels likes this.

13. Saul

Saul AH Enthusiast

Hunted:
    USA, England, Hungary, Argentina
    I still do not want to see anyone from Huawei get off if they are actively attacking our country

Royal27 and Wheels like this.

14. Hogpatrol

Hogpatrol AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA
    Hunted:
    RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX
    Uncle Joe meme time!
    biden_deflector.jpg biden_feel.jpg JB_2020.jpeg biden_macys.jpg

15. Hank2211

Hank2211 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
    I'm not at all sure what the point of this comment or cartoon is. Before I jump to any conclusions, can someone explain it to me?

16. Wheels

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    the curtain should be pulled back revealing numerous icebergs prior to November 2020.

The show has already started around the world regarding money laundering and fraud. The show will be coming to America shortly.

There is much more of the icebergs to see.

We are living in fun times

Hogpatrol, IdaRam and Royal27 like this.

17. Wheels

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Is Oz turning more conservative too?!?!

Australia Election Results: Prime Minister Scott Morrison Seizes a Stunning Win

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/18/world/australia/election-results-scott-morrison.html

The Liberal Party - (that means conservative down under) has beaten the Labor Party (means liberal) in a stunner. (Yea, I know, very confusing for those of us in the northern hemisphere)

It is now safe for Alexander Downer's roll in the attempt to work with the Obama administration to influence the American 2016 election to be fully disclosed without hurting the conservative, I mean Liberal Party in the elections.

It is also amazing how this caught the Australian media so off guard. Kind of like the American media was caught off guard with the Trump election and the way the British media was caught off guard with Brexit.

Will MAGA (Make Australia Great Again) be worn in Oz?

For those of us up north, it would be interesting to hear the thoughts of those of you in Australia.

MMAL and Royal27 like this.

18. Wheels

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Von Gruff, Hogpatrol and Royal27 like this.

19. Royal27

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA, SCI
    Hunted:
    In my opinion the biggest reason the globalists hate Trump so much is exactly this. They feared that Trump might just be the crack in the dam. That if Trump began to have success that others might actually begin to think for themselves as well and see that government isn't the solution and that it can be the actual problem.

There are TRILLIONS at stake.

Hogpatrol and Wheels like this.

20. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    The polls were wrong.
    In the digital age this doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Well, it was a head-to-head race and the reigning premier won.
    Just barely.
    Although he had Rupert Murdoch on his side, the Gordon Benett of our time.
    With the help of his international press group you could also become Prime Minister of Tanzania
    and yet it was damn close.
    Foxi